Sunday, February 21, 2010

Rethinking....

Part of the Paper Makeup Stamps month-long birthday celebration has been that all the designers are taking their first PMS card and remaking it.

This was my very first card and it was made for a PMS challenge to use the PMS colors (pink and grey) in a card. I had just gotten in all my fun new stamps and used three of them...a bit of overkill...LOL!
I have never really liked this card although I did just find it in my card bin and have to admit it looks much better in person than it does photographed, but that's not saying much. hehe!

For my remake, I went with much brighter coloring and papers than my original although I tried to keep the same overall coloring scheme. The overall design of the card is also much more streamlined....more my current design style...

Supplies used:
*Paper Makeup Stamps Lauren in Love
*Paper Makeup Stamps Hugs & Kisses
*Cosmo Cricket paper (grey)
*MME paper (pink)
*Recollections bling
*watercolor pencils
*StazOn Jet black inked
*Fiskars border punch
*Spellbinders diecut
*brads


Be sure to watch the Paper Makeup Stamps blog all this month to see all the DT remakes. It's been fun to see how everyone has evolved.
****************

And just so you know, I realize that I have been a bit more absent this week.
That is liable to get worse before it gets better.

Ben is coming home in less than 2 weeks (after over 6 months gone) and I am so excited that I can't hardly stand it. It is making me behave a bit ADD and I haven't been able to create hardly at all this week. I am hoping to do a bit of cleaning in my stamp room today and see if that helps to calm me down and find my creative muse... Wish me luck!



5 comments:

Bekah said...

I love the idea of comparing then and now styles. I often am surprised at how much my scrapping style has evolved over the years!

Unknown said...

I loved both cards but I can see where you are comining from with your style growing and changing Christi!! Beautiful, BOTH of them! I am really excited that Ben will be home soon...I bet you can't wait!! Xx

Anonymous said...

Dang Christi...your remake card blew me away...such gorgeous details :)

Tina said...

Gorgeous remake! Great colors and coloring and of course all that bling....wowy!

Amy said...

Adorable!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails