Saturday, October 31, 2009

Getting back into the swing of things around here...

...which this morning translates into catching up on all of the Facebook games. LOL! I NEVER should have ever started on Facebook... ;o)

Mom has gone home so for now, we are back to our boring little family of 3...

But boring is good as any military wife can tell you. When the other half is deployed, boring is VERY GOOD so I'll take it (life/appliances/cars tend to fall apart as soon as they leave!)

I just have a couple of items to share with you today. The first is another layout using Unity's Collage/Scrapbooking kit from October, UR {...etcetera}. This layout was done using a sketch as inspiration (I think the sketch was one by Julie Bonner, but I can't find the sketch now to be sure...)
Supplies used:
*Unity Stamp Co. Collage/Scrapbooking Kit- UR {...etcetera} (papers, ink, and stamps)
*Unity Stamp Co. Crazy For Daisies
*Unity Stamp Co. Polka Dot Girl
*Fiskars Border punch
*ribbon
*Marvy Uchida scallop circle punch
******

We had a fantastic time when my mom was here visiting even though it rained almost the entire two weeks that she was here. We did have a couple of days where we were able to go out and take photos of the incredible autumnal foliage...
Kat with her "Mascoutah colored flower". Mascoutah is Jacob's High School and their colors are purple and white so anytime she sees anything purple, she has to have it...

These pictures were actually taken after Jacob's final game which was on a Saturday morning and explains why Kat is in "Mascoutah colors" from head to toe. ;o)

Nana & Kat playing in the leaves...I do believe that this was a leaf war...
******
The rest of these photos were taken the next day when we took a road trip to St. Charles, MO. It's no secret that this is one of our favorite places to go wander around. I hoped that it would be pretty with the changing leaves and it did not disappoint. We went on Sunday morning before the downtown was open so we were able to get some pretty photos without many other people or cars around.




Nana & Jacob


I love taking photos of doors and was taking one of this gorgeous beauty and I think that I kind of confused Kat with what I was doing. She just kept looking at it. LOL!

3 comments:

Jenn said...

beautiful family photos!

Christi Flores said...

I am with you on the Facebook thing...seriously...LOL!!! LOVE all those pics and that page is fantastic!!!

Dave said...

Hey sis, I had your blog on my phone, but waited to post until seeing it on the laptop. I just wanted to say that these are gorgeous shots! I love seeing them and the fam. Thanks for sharing.

Related Posts with Thumbnails