Saturday, September 05, 2009

It's an Etsy-Inspired Blog Hop!!!!

Good morning!

And welcome to the Etsy-Inspired Blog Hop!!!

Such fun stuff for today, but first things first. If you didn't start this blog hop at Ashley's blog then you need to head over and start there first because there are some fun prizes to be won and some serious inspiration to be had and I don't want you to miss out. She has all the details for you!

My long-time readers know that I am all about finding inspiration for your art and Etsy.com is an amazing place for that. I love that about the Etsy Inspired challenges! A couple of months ago, I found a fairy artist that just blows me away every time I look at her art... it's nothing short of incredible... every single piece. Let me introduce you to The Fairy and the Inspirational Art of Rachel Anderson and today's inspirational piece for my little section of the blog hop, the Sunset Fairy...

And here is the card that I made that was inspired by it (my colors are really off on this photo---that pink really is the same shade as her dress in the drawing...)
Supplies used:
*Unity Stamp Co. Butterfly Beauty
*Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist (shimmer on the butterfly) and Chipboard
*Cuttlebug Embossing Folder
*watercolor pencils
*flat back pearls
*MM velvet ribbon
*Martha Stewart butterfly punch

A close up so you can see the shimmer on the butterfly...
For your challenge, head on over to www.etsy.com and choose any shop and any piece to be inspired by and create something. It doesn't get any easier than that!

There is lots of fun to be had all day long. I hope that you will play along!

Now you need to hop on over to...

42 comments:

StampinCathy said...

Wow this is one great inspirational piece. Your card is just stunning and love the sparkly butterfly.

Emily (stampingout on SCS) said...

Beautiful work, Christi! :)

Mary said...

Beautiful card!

FibreJunky said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Also a wonderful surprise to see you on the EIC hop!

Ginger B said...

lovely card

Anonymous said...

Wow! Your butterfly is GORGEOUS! Great work!

Kerry said...

Beautiful shop and card Christi! We're so glad you joined us for today's blog hop...thank you!

Misti said...

Very pretty, Christi!!

Anonymous said...

Your butterfly is gorgeous Christi and I love the fun frame you've used!

Scrapacat said...

What is it about fairies? I tend to gravitate to them too. Your card captures the ephemeral beauty of the art. Great job!
~ky

Sherry Campbell said...

Beautiful stuff, Christi!

Unknown said...

Beautiful card! Love the colors and your take on the inspiration piece!

Ashley Newell said...

I love that shop Chrisit! Thanks for introducing us to it! Your card is so pretty! I really love that sparkly butterfly! Thanks for joining us today on our birthday! You're the best!

de said...

Your inspiration shop/piece is amazing and your card is simply beautiful! Thanks for joining in on the hop with the rest of the DT today!!!

StacyC said...

Beautiful Christi.... I love your inspiration site... Gorgeous... Awesome job on the card...

mitz said...

great job.. fairies are so inspiring.. and such fun to see your craft room,, ty

Studio Lailani said...

I love the embossing and the butterfly! Beautiful!!

Chrisd said...

Great papercrafting and I'm a big fan of Glimmer Mist!

Monika in VA said...

Beautiful ~ love the shimmer!

Lynne in NI said...

gorgeous card - you interpreted that picture into your card wonderfully!

Carrie said...

Stunning!!

Gwen said...

The butterfly is just gorgeous. Great card!

Kimberly S said...

Your gorgeous butterfuly really sets off the card, the colors are amazing! :)

Cheri said...

Absolutely beautiful, Christi! I love the variegated color on your butterfly!

Kerry said...

Stunning, so beautiful.

Dainty Diva said...

Your symbolism to the picture you choose is great. I love cuttlebug folders etc.

JessicaK said...

Wow, I never knew Glimmer Mist could look THAT good. Fantastic Christy!

Mia said...

this is lovely indeed :)

Tiff said...

LOVE the glimmermisted buttefly and that frame adds that extra something special!

Lisa Trombitas - www.stampwithlisat.com said...

Wow - your inspiration piece and your card are just lovely. Gorgeous color combos!

Alyssa S said...

What a pretty card! I love that shimmery butterfly ;o)

Ravengirl said...

What a beautiful fairy and card!!! It's easy to see how you could be so inspired!

Craftbelle said...

The embossed paper really gives the design extra punch.

Splendid Little Stars said...

Your card is gorgeous!

Moni said...

So gorgeous! Hugs,Moni

Tanis said...

SO SO SO SO pretty!!!
LOVE the shimmer and the layout is FAB!!

KindredEsprit said...

That shimmery butterfly is beautiful! I love the colours which you drew from your Etsy inspiration! I also like the touches of pearls!

Unknown said...

Oh my..that butterfly is just amazing!! I love your card so much!!

Nicole K/GothamGal said...

Really nice inspiration piece, and I love your project. Now I've gotta go check out her store on etsy.

Rachel said...

beautiful card Chrisit!

Shauna K said...

beautiful colors!!! love those butterflies :D
We will never forget. 9.11.01

klasickewpie said...

What gorgeous butterflies. Your card is so pretty.

Related Posts with Thumbnails