Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Good Tuesday Morning!!

I have got to stop starting new books right before bedtime. I am too old to stay up past midnight and still be able to function correctly in the morning. LOL!

I have a layout to share with you today. These are absolutely some of my favorite photos from the summer of Kat playing in the puddles and the yard at my parents house. The morning sun was just perfect to catch the wispy's of her hair. I just love these photos and have been dying to scrap them, but not really knowing what I wanted to do with them, then I ran across this sketch (#18) at 52 sketches/52 weeks... (click on the photo to get the full effect of the layout.)

I used one of the new collage stamps, Lovely Lilacs, from Unity Stamp Co. on this and I just love the effect that it has on the overall look of the layout. I stamped it in pink (sweet blush from CTMH) and then accented it with my watercolor pencils and just a tiny bit of brown ink around the edges. I paper-pieced the butterfly with a darker pink and curled his wings just a bit to give the tag a bit more of added dimension.
Supplies used:
*Unity Stamp Co. Lovely Lilacs
*Unity Stamp Co. Le Chic Vintage (journaling strips stamp)
*MM papers
*Bazzill kraft
*Prima blossoms
*Prima bling
*CTMH Blush inkpad
*watercolor pencils
*Pink Paislee alpha stickers
It is also my day over on the Unity blog and at some point today I should have a couple more pieces of artwork using some new stamps coming up over there so be sure to keep an eye out for it....


7 comments:

Sherry Campbell said...

Wow- those pictures are sooo cute and so is your LO! Great idea to use that sketch- it turned out splendidly! :)

jennifer mitten said...

I love those lilacs! I cant wait to buy them for myself!

Rita said...

Wow I LOVE this layout -- those photos are amazing for one thing -- I especially love the sunlight in that first one. The layout is gorgeous!

Alison Bryant said...

Very nice!

Christi Flores said...

OMG this is gorgeous!!!

Scrapacat said...

Mmmm this is yummy. The colors are so perfect and I love the photos. The gemstones really set it off. Great job!
~ky

Monica said...

Awesome projects -- I loved what you did with the lilac collage stamp.

Related Posts with Thumbnails