Monday, September 07, 2009

Happy Labor Day...

...to all of my American readers. Although, around this house we are doing VERY LITTLE that resembles labor...LOL! I must get the teenager out in the yard soon! We may not be doing much in the form of labor, but that means that I have been able to play a bit with my stamps!!

So how about a little bit of creative sharing? This card is one that I made using this month's Unity kom, Go Ahead Wish! I created it using this week's CPS sketch (#132.) I thought that the pink and orange combo had a bit of a fall look to it so I am hoping that the "Seasons of Blessings" sentiment works with it... ???
Supplies used:
*Unity Stamp Co. Go Ahead Wish
*Scenic Route Garden Grove papers
*American Crafts ribbon
*StazOn Jet Black inkpad
*pin
*pop-dots
*********
For my second card share, this was simply a card that I made so that I could play with some of my new goodies...this fun stamp kit from Unity called, Autumn Pals (it's not available directly from Unity yet, but your local Unity retailer should have it in stock) and these super-fun TPC papers. I have no idea what I will do with it, but I think that it would be a fun birthday card for a child...
Supplies used:
*Unity Stamp Co. Autumn Pals
*TPC papers
*DCWV paper (woodgrain)
*Fiskars border punch
*watercolor pencils
*copper brads
*********
Finally, I just had to share this photo with you all. About 2 years ago, we discovered that some of the best wines have bizarre names so we tend to buy wines with fun names (a current favorite is a South African Merlot called Herding Cats...very light and fruity, perfect for summer drinking, and cheap too!)

I was in Target the other day and I think that their wine buyer has the same philosophy as us because almost all of their wines have great names. I just had to pick up a few, BUT this first bottle that is in the photo I bought simply because it is gorgeous! I love it and after I drink it, I plan on keeping the bottle as a vase/decor.
I haven't opened any of these yet, so it will be a while before I can give a report (remember, I am the only adult in the house and at one glass every few nights, it takes a while to get through a bottle and I just opened up a Herding Cats bottle last night, but I will try to remember to report back my findings...)


4 comments:

Praisin' Scrapper said...

Awesome Card! Great colors!

Splendid Little Stars said...

Herding Cats! That's great! I love the colors and design of the first card--so lovely! Happy wine drinking!

Amy said...

Great cards as always...and I agree I love looking at wine labels and target does have really fun ones!

Linda Beeson said...

Your cards are great. What great colors on that first one and great use of that CPS sketch.

Related Posts with Thumbnails