Wednesday, September 30, 2009

How in the world is it already Wednesday?

...and what happened to my blog?

Sorry guys!! I have had a couple of posts planned since Sunday. I just haven't gotten myself sorted enough to get them posted. I am trying to become more goal-focused, but this week that has meant double-workouts and little time for anything else. Oh, and yes, I have been reading too and once I get a book (or 3) going , well you might as well write me off until I get it finished.

But I am back and here (at least until I get my next series of books) to update this blog with some art. I have lots to catch up on today.

First a layout. This is a layout that I did from Sketch #38 from the 52 weeks/52 sketches site...
The weekend before Ben left, we took the day out to go to Grants Farms. These photos are of Ben and Kat feeding the goats. She didn't know whether they were cute or terrifying. It was so funny.
The main paper on this is a double-sided Amy Butler paper...one single sheet. That center blue piece is the other side of the larger floral orange piece. I just cut it out of the center, flipped it over and layered it onto the layout. I love it when you can do little cost-saving things like that!
Supplies Used:
*Unity Stamp Co. Sept. KOM- Go Ahead Wish (the quote is from this kit...today is the last day to get this kit at the bargain price of $24 for an entire sheet of 8 1/2x11 rubber!!!)
*K&Company Amy Butler paper (blue and the orange floral)
*Cosmo Cricket paper (bird and the orange plaid)
*Scenic Route alphabet stickers
*buttons
*Fiskars border punch
*Bazzill cardstock
*******

This is a card that I quickly put together using the Unity Store kom for Sept, Everything Extraordinary. I adore this kit and have not near had the opportunity to play with it like I hoped so be ready... I will have more to share with it soon because it makes my muse happy to think about the images in this kit!
I added a bit of shimmer/glitter to the tree that I hope that you can see in this photo below. The orange cardstock is also Bazzill Bling so the whole card has a bit of shimmer to it. That's the feel that I get from these early days of autumn...warm with snatches of the cool glittery weather to come. I love this time of year!
Supplies used:
*Unity Stamp Co. Everything Extraordinary
*Making Memories paper
*Fiskars border punch
*ribbon
*StazOn Timber Brown inkpad
*Prisma glitter
*glue pen
*Bazzill Bling
*corner rounder
******
These last 2 cards were on the Unity blog a couple of weeks ago, but I like to have everything recorded on here so forgive the repeat if you saw them over there...
*unity stamp co. simple blessings
*cosmo cricket earth love
*Fiskars border punch
*corner rounder
*bazzill kraft
*button
*watercolor pencils
*unity burnt umber inkpad
******
Supplies used:
*unity stamp co. harmonious sprig
*cosmo cricket paper
*watercolor pencils
*ribbon
*fiskars border punch
*bazzill cardstock

I'll be back tomorrow.
It's the first of the month and you know what that means...
NEW UNITY RELEASES!!!


6 comments:

Unknown said...

wow, love it all!

Jenn said...

I love the grouping of the photos on your layout, beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Wow that layout is so gorgeous, it jumped off of the page of my Google Reader so I had to run over here and tell you!
And I am loving your cards, you are so inspiring Christi!

Mom said...

What a wonderful, special layout and the saying is perfect!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hi Christi! Thanks for entering the Moxie Fab World Gradient is Radiant challenge!

Tiff said...

WOWzers!!!! Your projects ROCK! I can tell you put a ton of thought and time into every single detail!

Related Posts with Thumbnails