Sunday, March 16, 2008

Yikes! Bad Weather....

Sorry that I disappeared on you all last night. We had bad thunderstorms move in with tornado warnings all around us (although I don't think that any of them ever touched down, but I could be wrong about that) so I shut down the computer and it never calmed down enough to turn it back on. But everything is fine this morning and I think that we are supposed to have a gorgeous day here.
****************************************
If you are here to see the Butterfly Beauty artwork for Unity Stamp Company, you can find that post here. And don't forget, you have until 5:00 on Tuesday to go and comment on the USC blog to be eligible for the weekly drawing for that yummy set.
****************************************

My last challenge last night over at the HHS cybercrop was my favorite so I am a bit sad that I didn't get to share it here last night. This was a Fashion Challenge...

5:00 pm Fashion Challenge
This challenge is based upon a fashion piece that I found while surfing around one of my favorite online places for inspiration, Anthropologie.com. If you need a design jolt to get your creative muse going, I highly recommend a good surf around their site.

But this is the piece that I want you to use as inspiration for this challenge. You can use the actual fashions, the layout of the ad, the colors, the shapes...whatever it is about this that inspires you and remember that will probably be different for everyone.

Use it in whatever way it inspires you to create a layout, card, or altered item. Upload it into the 5 pm Fashion Challenge Gallery...

This will be the prize for this challenge that will be awarded to a randomly drawn winner from all the participants that upload to the HHS gallery. You all that read my blog can come over and join us. There aren't too many people playing so the odds of winning are pretty good. The deadline for uploads is 7:00 pm CST today so there is still tons of time to be inspired and create and there are tons of other fun challenges besides mine. Just because you are my friends, it doesn't mean that you have to do my challenges. I have been having a blast with the other challenges!


And here is how I interpretted the inspiration piece. I changed the juxtaposition of the elements of the fashion a bit, but if you look, it is all there. Turn the layout to the left and you can see the little pink sleeves are the corners. The bottom layers of the shirts are those borders and then I changed where the embroidery was placed on the piece. I really love how this layout turned out.



And don't worry, I haven't forgotten that I promised you a journal tutorial. It should be posted late tonight...
smiles,
Christi

4 comments:

Theresa said...

Love the inspiration, and LOVE your layout. I only got one cyber crop thing done yesterday, and I'm not expecting to get anything accomplished today, but I have some good inspiration to keep me going for a bit (like I need anymore!!!!)

Alison Bryant said...

I really like the blue flowers and how they stand out from the page.

Glad you all didn't get the bad weather!

Alison Gibbs said...

What a sweet pic. of Kat.
Love those flowers in the layout.
Alison

Jeanne said...

Love the layout and the details! Have to check out your cybercrop and see the challenges. Always love some extra inspiration.

Related Posts with Thumbnails