Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Playing with ATC's....


You know, it's not very often that I play with Altered Trading Cards, but when I do, I love these little cards. Over the weekend at the HHS cybercrop, Catherine Scanlon hosted an ATC challenge. As part of the challenge, she posted some save-able clipart to use in your ATC's and one was a vintage image of a little girl holding an egg and chick. Well, that image inspired my Easter theme for this trio of cards.

If you have never seen ATC's before, they measure 2 1/2" x 3 1/2". They were created as a way for artist's to trade art pieces. They are super-fun to make once you get your brain wrapped around working in that small of a size. They are always to be traded, never sold.

For this series, I worked mainly with the Scenic Route Easter line (that I can't remember what it's called and am too lazy to go look it up right now.) I used one of Catherine's images and then a couple of mine that I had saved. {A great site for free vintage photos is http://www.art-e-zine.co.uk/vintageresources.html ...you can right-click on the images and save them there to print later.}
I hope that you all are doing well this week. I am crazy-busy trying to get ready to go to Texas for Spring Break. So many little things to get done and take care of and I am already going through withdrawals thinking about not creating for a week. I may have to figure out a little travel-studio to take with me. :)
************************************************
BTW, Amy (caffinated cropper) is hosting an ATC swap if you would like to join in on one...
smiles,
Christi

13 comments:

Alison Gibbs said...

Christi your ATC's are gorgeous. Love the colors too.
Alison

Sandy McTier Designs said...

Hi Christi,
Those ATC are gorgeous!
Have a fantastic trip to TX!
Smiles,
Sandy

Alison Bryant said...

Adorable! I love the crown on the third card.

Deanna said...

Christi... These ATCs are awesome!!!

I'm looking forward to participating in Amy's ATC Swap...

Have a wonderful trip to TX... Be safe!

Carolyn said...

Fabulous cards!! May you and the kiddies have a great time in Texas!!c

Amy said...

awww. thanks for the linky love..and the vintage image link..I knew I was right to suck you in...I can't wait to see your cards, these are awesome! If you don't post...have fun in Texas!!

dianna said...

LOVE these *!*

Denise said...

Just love your ATCs!! They're gorgeous!! Thanks for sharing !!

Cami said...

goodness Christi - your ATC's are FABULOUS! Have a great trip!

Kari said...

LOVE these!! Gorgeous color combo. Wow!
Kari

Rita said...

I too, LOVE the color scheme -- these are truly gorgeous. Love the sugar rush card -- totally made me smile! :)

Thanks for the link -- I'm going to beg Amy to let me join you all! ATCs are such a fun change of pace!

Theresa said...

As I said before, love these!! And thank you for that wonderful link (er, I think, more gorgeousness for me to overdose on!!)
Not a good time for me to join in any swaps, hope you all have fun, but I shall be making some for myself.

Lisa said...

Your ATCs are awesome, I am in Amy's swap and I sure feel the pressure trying to compete with all the Artists in the group!

Related Posts with Thumbnails