Friday, March 21, 2008

A Gift for DH...

It's Shake Friday!!! I think that we are headed out to Burger King for shakes this week....mmmm! I think that it is just as much fun to plan where we are having our shakes each week, as it is to drink them and think of DH having his shake in Iraq.

As most of you know, DH is deployed to Iraq. His birthday was coming up and I really had a delimna as to what to do for him. He is trying to eat really healthy so fun foods from home were out. He works a ton of hours so doesn't have much free time and whatever I send him has to fit in his luggage (that was full when he left) to come home. So that's where this little book comes in. I made it for him for his birthday.


He's 45 this year, so it is filled with the 45 reasons why I love him. It is a remix of Tammy Tutterow's Live With Joy Mini Book Class over at Heart in Hands Scrapping.

I used the new Scenic Route Grafton line as well as a mix of stamps, ribbons, Bazzill scalloped cardstock, and shipping tags to construct it.
















This cover was made using one of those gorgeous Creative Imaginations rub-ons (the Because.) The letter stickers are black glitter and just gorgeous!!! They are from the K&Company line, Fresh Paint, available at Target. The flowers on this are Making Memories.

Don't forget to head over to the Unity Stamp Company blog and comment to be eligible for this week's stamp give-away. You can see the image of it (fun cupcakes and ice cream with some fantastic sentiment stamps!!) in the post previous to this one.
smiles,
Christi

28 comments:

Carolyn said...

the book is a perfect idea for hubby's birthday, and adding the photos of the kids is something I am really sure he would love to see in it, and of course all your fabulous work you did putting it together, I really do love the colors you used on this one.

Alison Gibbs said...

Christi Ben will love this pressie
Happy Easter
Alison

Theresa said...

Just so Wonderful! What more can a Husband/Father want than some Love he can hold on to, even as he is so far away. Every page is beautiful and the colours are great.
Sending blessings for a Happy Easter, and a fun Spring Break.

Deanna said...

This book is gorgeous!!! What an awesome birthday gift for your DH!!!

Anonymous said...

Christi, Your book is beautiful. No one could ever receive a better birthday gift. It's gorgeous. You've obviously put a great deal fo time, talent and work into putting it together. What a wonderful treasure for him to have, especially while you are separated during this time.
Hugs,
Cookie

Anonymous said...

Great project with wonderful pages. Love all the nice detail you added.

Perfect keepsake.

Alison Bryant said...

That's awesome; he'll love it! How long does mail take to get over there, anyway? I've been curious.

Anonymous said...

That book is a great idea. We haven't had our shake today, but we're talking about going for frappucinos instead of shakes. Those count, right?

Christi said...

you bet frappuccino's count...that's what we had last week. :) Alison, he usuaaly gets most boxes within a week...

Barb said...

Great, great book....I really like it. What kind of book did you start with? And is the amore and love stamps from BG or just misc rubons? I really like this.....you are so talented and he will love it.

Christi said...

Barb, thank you!

The book is made entirely from scratch. The instructions are in the HHS class and it only costs $7...serious bargain!!!

The Love stamp is an Inkadinkado stamp and the Amore' stamp is Stampabilities which I think is the brand from Hobby Lobby that they make. smiles...

Carolyn said...

May you have safe travels today! I was just thinking of you, and remembered that you should be traveling. Have a great vacation!

Amy said...

oh Christi, it's beautiful ...and I'm sure he will love it..! hope you're having a safe trip..can't wait to hear all about it when you get back!

Sandy McTier Designs said...

Hi Christi,
What a fantastic gift for Ben. He's gonna love it and I'm sure will look at it daily while deployed.
Hope you and the kiddos have a great Easter!
Blessings,
Sandy :)

Chriss Rollins said...

christi what a fabulous blog you have some amazing pieces on it the book is beautiful and i just love your ATC's being an addicted ATCer, LOL. thanx for sharing.
you are invited to take part in my blog candy give away on Sunday it will last for a week, please comover to my place when you have time.
luv chriss x

Kelly said...

That is so beautiful---I think it is the perfect birthday gift!

dianna said...

Your ATC's ROCK!!!
And that book...I want to eat it I love it so much*!*

ur awesome Lady*!*

Colors of Me said...

hi christi, just wanted to drop in to say happy easter and saw your awesome mini book!! your dh will love it!!!

Lisa said...

He will absolutly love this book. You inspire me so much with your work, keep it up!

Jayne said...

WOW! The book is PERFECT! Love the colors!
Happy Easter and safe travels.
xox

Nancy said...

Beautiful book, dh will love it. Hope you have a very Happy Easter.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous Album Christi! I'm sure Ben will just adore and treasure it forever!!!

Sarah E. said...

This is so beautiful! Where in NC are you? I live on Camp Lejeune in NC and my husband is actually deploying to Iraq this week! I will definitely keep this mini in mind for my dh!

Cindy Gilchrist said...

Oh Christi - that book is AWESOME- he will love it for sure! I can't believe how big your little girl is getting - where does the time go???

Easter Blessings to all of you!

Kari said...

This book is absolutely gorgeous! What an amazing, heartfelt gift. Wow!!!
Kari

Dragonlady said...

You book for your hubby is gorgeous. I read about it over at The Cookie Sheet and popped over to see your great blog..
Brenda

Rita said...

This book is just simply amazing! Ben will love it! What a thoughtful, perfect gift!

You are SO talented -- I just love seeing all the beautiful things you create!

AJ said...

*love* the book Christi!! now I need to get some of those yummy rubons!

Related Posts with Thumbnails