Monday, March 24, 2008

One of my Favorite Cards...

I do some work with a couple of UK magazines every other month or so. My latest article was in the Issue 27 of Papercraft Essentials. I really loved the cards that I created for the article and was somewhat disappointed when I received the magazine to see that they were really washed out in the photos. Because these are some of my favorite cards ever, I had to share a little glimpse with you...





This is, I think, my favorite card that I have ever made (although I just finished some more magazine artwork this week that runs a REALLY close second.) I love it!



The article is about using office supplies in your crafts. The good news is that the magazine is filled with some awesome artwork (although I did notice a couple of the other articles that seemed to be a bit over-exposed also, but they still looked beautiful.) And if you have never bought a British craft mag, you will like them, because they offer detailed step-by-step instructions for all the artwork in them. If you are in the States, you can usually pick up these mags at Barnes & Noble (back shelves of the magazine rack in plastic covers.)

I hope that everyone had a nice Easter. We are in Texas enjoying some time with family while Jacob is on Spring Break so it will probably be a bit quiet around here this week...

smiles,
Christi

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is GORGEOUS! I am going to be featuring you today on my blog. I'll send you a note when everything is up so that you can check it out.

I hope you had a wonderful holiday weekend.

Hugs,
Cookie

Alison Bryant said...

Very, very cool! Again, I love your color schemes.
Can't wait to see you.

Anonymous said...

Hi Christi, Thanks so much for allowing me to feature you in my blog. I love the way your photos look! Here's the link:

http://www.cookiesunshine.com

Wishing you a great week!
Cookie

Alison Gibbs said...

Hi Christi such a pretty card.
How wonderful to be spending some time with the family in Texas. Enjoy yourself
Alison

Chriss Rollins said...

hi christi, i am over from cookie sunshine to ask you to enter a blog candy challenge with your fab gorgeous 'love book' my riend Chris who i have a link to is asking for anything to do with LOVE and i have just fell in love with your book.. why not enter it and at the same time you are invited to come over to mine to be in with a chance to be the proud owner of 3 stunning ATC's, my blog candy for this week.
thanx for sharing
chris x

Rita said...

This card is GORGEOUS Christi -- I can see why it's a favorite! Wow!

Glad you are safely in Texas -- hope your travels were not difficult! Enjoy your time with your family! ((HUGS))

jo said...

Gorgeous work on here as usual Christi:D

Amy said...

Beautiful cards Christi...I will have to pick up some of those magazines...

Ann(i)e Hafermann said...

love those cards...it's a bummer when they in print they don't look like the real thing
love the ATCs you've been creating too.....
xoxo

Lisa said...

Beautiful cards! I have bought that magazine, my local scrapbook store carries it, I will have to look for your work.

Sandy McTier Designs said...

Hey girl,
Gorgeous stuff as usual!
Have a great time in TX with your family.
Blessings,
Sandy ;)

Carolyn said...

I'm so happy to hear you made it to Texas safely. Enjoy your time with the family.

Also, happy to see Cookie found you, she is a sweet person.

Mary Jo said...

Beautiful cards, Christi!!
Happy Easter!

Colors of Me said...

gorgeous!!! you are so truly talented!!! love the card!

Kim Mraz said...

Your cards are beautiful Christi :)

Theresa said...

Wonderful cards, lovely to see. Yeah, back shelf, so if you are short like me you have to find a tall person or a step stool to get them down, you'd think the contents were dodgy!!
BTW, I know you are probably still away, but wanted to let you know I got my HHS prize last weekend, thanks so much. If I don't say it now, I'll probably forget! Love the goodies, especially the felt flowers - just my colours. Thanks so much.

Gwen said...

very very cute idea! love it!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails