Saturday, March 15, 2008

Good Saturday Morning!!!

It's cybercrop day over at Heart In Hands Scrapping!!! I think that you guys know that I love a good cybercrop and that is because I am all about the challenges that get your creative juices flowing. I am in charge of 4 hours of the challenges (there is a new challenge every hour from 7:00 am CST to 7:00 pm CST) so I will be updating the blog throughout the day as the challenges go up over in the HHS forum.
**************************************************
If you are visiting my blog today to see the Unity Stamp Company Butterfly Beauty artwork that is being given away this week over on the Unity blog (you need to comment there to be eligible to win it), it is on the post below this or you can click here for a direct link to it as this post is liable to get a little long today.
**************************************************
2:00 pm CST Three Product Challenge
For this challenge, you need to create a project that uses these three items:
*rubberstamps
*text paper
*buttons

You are not limited to only these products, but your project has to include all THREE of these products on it.
If you are sitting there thinking that you can't do this challenge because you don't have one of these items, then that is where you need to get creative.
...text paper...
copy a page out of a dictionary or other book; create your own text paper using rubberstamp words; doodle your own text paper (but journaling does NOT count as text paper)
..rubberstamps...
carve a potato; use a pencil eraser as a polkadot; create coffee rings with your coffee mug
...buttons...
I know that you have buttons somewhere in your house... :p
This is the prize that will be awarded randomly to one of the participants from this challenge.
Just make sure to upload your project into the Three Product Challenge gallery by 7:00 pm Sunday night to be eligible to win...



**************************************************
10:00 am CST Scrapper's Cards Challenge
One day I was sitting in my scrapbooking room and had an epiphany about the perfect scrapper’s card to make while looking at some coin envelopes that are sized 3 ½” x 6”. I have since discovered that the old small letter envelopes which everyone used to use for correspondence are sized 3 5/8” x 6 ½” which also makes them perfect for mailing this sized card.

These cards are made literally from scraps and because of the size of the finished product, they are perfect for scrapbookers. The finished size of all these cards is 3" gallery www.heartinhandscraps.com http: div>









For this challenge, you need to make 2- 3”x6” cards to qualify for the random prize drawing. Feel free to copy any of my designs here or make up your own. I think that you will find that these go together super-fast & easy and are a lot of fun to make! Have fun!!!

This is the prize that will be awarded randomly to one of the participants from this challenge. Just make sure to upload your cards into the 10:00 Scrapper's Card Gallery by 7:00 pm Sunday night to be eligible to win...

*****************************************
7:00 am CST Art Inspiration Challenge:
Good morning! I hope that you are ready to go for a day full of inspiration and creating. This first challenge this morning is based upon an art inspiration piece. Art is totally subjective, as is inspiration, so that means that there is absolutely no right or wrong for this challenge. Look at this art piece and try to find some sort of creative inspiration from it. The part that inspires you will probably be different for everyone. You may create any kind of paper project for this challenge.
Spa Dreams by Don Li-Leger

This is the prize involved with this challenge. It will be awarded by random drawing from everyone who uploads a project from this challenge by 7:00 CST Sunday evening. Upload your project into the 7:00 am Art Inspiration Gallery.


Here is my layout that was inspired by the art piece. As you can see, I was inspired by the lay-out design of the original piece.

*****************************************
I'll be back at 5:00 pm CST with the next challenge...
smiles,
Christi

4 comments:

dianna said...

You are the most clever person in the whole world...really. I look at everything I see with different eyes...you just rock ok?

Gloria Stengel said...

I love the cards AND the layout! I loved looking thru your blog!

Amy said...

your work is so awesome...you've totally outdone yourself with these challenges Christi...sorry I missed it I was out all day...I am sooo not worthy!

Theresa said...

Okay, coming back to see what I have been missing lately. These challenges were awesome. You are outdoing yourself now you get to do all those lovely girly LOs (said with a hint of jealousy maybe!!!). Oh yes, and you are so "making me" buy stuff I wouldn't have, but is making me happy!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails