Sunday, March 02, 2008

New Month = New Notebook

Welcome to March! I think that it is pretty much a consensus around the country that, while time is traveling a bit fast right now, we are all ready for Spring to arrive.

I have one little project to share today. Every couple of months I have to alter one of these little notebooks. I started doing this last year in conjunction with Rhonna's 21 day challenge. Everyday in my little notebook, I make a list of things that I need to get done, I track my projects that I have made, and I record my gratitude for the day. It's been a wonderful habit that I was able to create as a result of the 21 day challenge. sidenote: I am a huge fan of these challenges and have participated in several of them. Rhonna started another one yesterday (this is the 13th one that she has hosted.) I really want to play because I love them so much, but I am trying to keep my crafty priorities right now and an art journal would take away from that. But it is a great way to develop artistically and work for 3 weeks to change a habit. But I digress...back to the notebook.

I created this notebook based upon Creative Prompt #35. It's a very simple design this month. I wanted a springy look. The stamps are Stampin'Up except for the "Journal". That is from Rubber Stampede. The papers are Scenic Route and Foofala. The butterfly punch is Martha Stewart.

Today while I watch the race, I have plans for some more Spring-themed cards that I hope to have done to share with you tomorrow.

Now a few randoms....
Yesterday, we went out to get Jacob some new shoes as he was saying that his PE shoes were feeling a bit tight (size 6.) I had a feeling that his everyday shoes (his very cherished Vans) were also getting a bit small (size 7, but we bought them big at Christmas time), but he didn't want to admit it because he didn't want to stop wearing them. So we get to Kohls (where I do ALL of our clothes shopping around here) and they have one of those foot sizer tools so I tell him to step on it. It says that he should wear a size 9. What?!?! And it was right...we walked out of there with 2 new pairs of shoes...a 9 and a 9 1/2. He now wears almost the same size shoe as his dad.


Those are Jacob's shoes on the left and Ben's on the right. And yes, I bought him a new pair of Van's...after all, we obviously have been practicing Japanese footbinding around here...it was the least I could do. What I didn't do (because I was in such size shock) was buy these shoes a size or two bigger so that he could grow more which means we will probably be buying new shoes again next month. Remind me to keep an eye on this! :)


And just because I had the camera out yesterday and I haven't shared too much lately, here's Little Bit. This dress was from her Aunt Kara and Uncle Dan for Christmas and that denim matches her eyes perfectly. You will notice that she is not subject to the footbinding treatment around here yet. ;) Think that I can be trusted to put shoes on those cute little piggies?

smiles,
Christi

5 comments:

Carolyn said...

Sunday mornings must be blog post time. I know it was for me. LOL

Love the journal. I remember when you did the RF journal, you did an amazing job with it.

Wow! About the shoe size with Jacob, are those shakes trips doing it? kidding! But, wow what a growth!

Kat is a cutie in her denim dress! Totally matches the eyes.

Alison Gibbs said...

Hi Christi, Your new journal is so pretty and perfect for Spring.
Wow Jacob must be going to be a tall man - with his feet nearly the same size as Ben's.
Kat looks so cute in her pretty denim dress.
Alison

Amy said...

So funny as I was having this same conversation with Britain this am...going through all of his shoes, which guess what none fit...he's trying out for track this week, anyway I tried his shoes on and they're too big for me...not quite up to Dad's size yet though..LOL..Kat looks so cute in that denim dress..and I so love little baby feet...oh and we love Kohl's too...

Kari said...

Great update! Love the journal. I'm participating in Rhonna's challenge again. Can you believe she's had 13!?! Way back when I met you during her challenge. So thankful for that:)
Cheers
Kari

Rita said...

Japanese footbinding -- hee hee -- thanks for the chuckle this morning! :)

Hugs -- enjoy your weekend!

Related Posts with Thumbnails