Monday, November 26, 2007

Sharing a Very Special Project...

I think that it is okay to share this project since it is already online. One of the DT's that I have been working on stuff for has been Heart In Hands. This is a fantastic little site that offers classes on all kinds of altered projects...gorgeous stuff!!! For the DT app, we had to remix one of the classes and Tammy Tutterow had designed a class around love notes using a 7 gypsies envelope album. This was the perfect class for me to remix because this is a project that I have wanted to do ever since Kat was born.


First, a little bit of history so that you can understand the Why for this project. Kat was not a planned event in my life and as such, I am an older mom...I am 37 which on the surface isn't that bad until you start doing the math for the events that will be happening in her life...marriage, babies, etc. The odds are (esp. with my family medical history) that I am not going to be a part of her life when some of those things occur. There are certain things that a girl needs her mother for... I am making this book as a "just in case" I am not there. Hopefully, it will leave her some guidance and information and just a bit of comforting advice/history from mom.


The book is called from Me to You:




For the inside cover, I put a photo of the two of us that my mother took on Halloween night and an intro message, "~for Katherine~As an older mom, I worry about not being there for all the momentous occasions in your life. This book is a "just in case" substitute for me. I hope that it will help guide and advise you to not feel so alone when I am not around. I love you with my whole heart, Little One. ~Mom"




There are 10 envelopes inside and they are all labeled with specific themes:

1. you- this is where I will tell the story of how she came into our lives and a bit of what a blessing she is

2. our guys- info about Jacob and Ben

3. family- family history/stories

4. style- a bit of mom advice

5. art- a bit about the history art/crafts has played with the women in our family

6. love- relationship advice

7. wedding- mom advice

8. babies- mainly stories from me about having babies

9. misc
10. me- bits about me as a person

Supplies used:
*Fancy Pants papers
*7 gypsies ledger paper
*Inque Boutique stamps
*brown inkpad*buttons
*misc ribbons and laces
*Marvy Uchida oval punch
smiles,
Christi

15 comments:

Theresa said...

Christi, what a fabulous re-mix, and a wondeful project. Good luck with the DT, I love that site, and have a bunch of projects downloaded from there that are laying neglected at the moment!
Have a good week.

Picture This said...

It's gorgeous and fabulous and a wonderful idea! You rocked this remix.

Shalini said...

Oh! its so beautiful and so touching...I often think about making a just in case album but haven't had the courage.

Nathalie Kalbach said...

wow your albums are amazing!

Carolyn said...

Ok, Christi the album has blown me away! First just the reason why you are doing it, a very special reason. But now seeing how you used those scallop circles as tabs, totally grabbed my attention. This project is truly a treasure. I'm also crossing my fingers on the DT...

Amy said...

christi, you really out did yourself...wow beautiful...

Alison Bryant said...

Very significant in content (of course) and design! No doubt that will inspire others to do similar projects. Hope your week is starting off well.

Molly said...

What a wonderful album, Christi! And this is a wonderful idea for parents of all ages to do! THanks for the the great idea!

dianna said...

BEAUTIFUL as always...
But may I be the first to say ~ a little sad!!! I hope to heck you are around for a LONG time as I do ALL of us...I guess I'm not good at thinking about those things. Hmmm....maybe I should start. Every day is a gift*!*

Crystal said...

This is a marvelous album and idea!! It's just going to be a treasure but I hope you will be around for a very long time yet. I might have to lift this idea and make something for our granddaughters :)) Happy Creating and good luck with the DT things!

lori said...

this is beautiful christi! good re-mix of heart in hands scraps class. how touching the note and all of the various subjects contained within this mini album. good luck on the creative team entry.

(found your blog from hhs message board ;) )

Sara Garza said...

Your album turned out so beautiful. What a wonderful treasure it will be for your daughter when she gets older.

Rita said...

Your post made me sad and happy all at the same time. What a gorgeous album for your precious little girl. You are a great mom. I have often thought of keeping a journal for my kids -- a "just in case" I leave them early book. But I have yet to do it. I may just start it tonight.

GOOD LUCK WITH THE DESIGN TEAM!! You know I'm cheering for you!!

Nancy said...

Good Luck on the DT. What a precious album. It was sad to read but like Rita said also happy. Love the colors and the tabs, what a great idea.

Mary Jo said...

Christi, that is a Gorgeous album!!
I may have to use your idea for a little album for Erin! :0)

Related Posts with Thumbnails