Saturday, November 17, 2007

Autumnal Photo Walk










Here in North Carolina, we are suffering from a drought which I felt for sure, would ruin the fall colors. Well, I could not have been more wrong. Our weather this year has made for the most spectacular fall colors that I have ever seen in person. So this afternoon, Kat & I went out to take some photos not realizing that the batteries on my camera were almost completely dead. We only made it around our little block, but I think that you will agree, that even in my backyard, the colors are amazing!





I have just finished charging the camera batteries so we will try to go out tomorrow and take some more.


But in the meantime, I finally finished my layout that was inspired by Creative Prompt #7. I used the image #1 to inspire the layout. The stamps around the outside are all out of an old Stampin Up stamp set. The journaling and title stamps are Inque Boutique.
This photo is one that I found in a group of old scans from mom's photos that I never scrapbooked. I look at that photo of me and hope to get to that size again. That was back when I was a size 8-10...someday, if I stop eating M&M's like I have been the last couple of days!!!
smiles,
christi

8 comments:

Nancy said...

Very nice photos, I hope your drought ends soon.

Alison Bryant said...

Ohhhh, beautiful! I'm so glad you took and shared these!

Neat layout, with a pretty use of those stamps. Cambridge was one of my favorite places you showed us. By the way, on the Travel Channel today they aired a show about the Top Ten British Castles. Warwick was #2. It was neat to see it on TV!

Alison Gibbs said...

Thanks for sharing the autumn colours with us. It seems that there are drought conditions all over. here in Australia we are also suffering with a drought.
Alison

Carolyn said...

Don't you just hate when you have low batteries. I swear lately I always do. grrr

Love the Fall colors, so bright and vivid! You really capture it in your photos.

The background on your layout is awesome, love the stamps you used on here. Oh and quit worrying about your size, plus M & M's are part of the food group. Okay maybe they are not, but they are in mine. LOL

Amy said...

those are beautiful photos...I so love this time of year...

Rita said...

Love the Fall photos -- such beautiful colors! We finally have some pretty amazing color here too!

Your stamping on the layout is wonderful!

Mary Jo said...

I have been wanting to take a photo walk too but keep forgetting to bring my camera when we do go out :0)
Such pretty photos! I thought the same thing about leaves around here but it's been pretty!

Crystal said...

I have that stamp and I am totally going to lift your idea to use it!! I love the LO. Thanks for sharing!

The fall colors are gorgeous where you live. Here in western Canada every tree is leafless and has been for more than a month. We are just waiting for snow to blanket the ground now!

Related Posts with Thumbnails