Wednesday, November 28, 2007

The Good & The Bad News...or Why Being Scarlett is Good When Your Life Revolves Around the Military...

My mom was just asking me the other day what the exact date was that Ben would be leaving for his deployment. I had to tell her that I had no real idea and that even though this was supposed to be happening at the end of Dec or early Jan, that it was too early to think about it.

I
was
right...

The good news is that he was supposed to be going to Qatar early in January. That date has now been changed to mid February. Yay!

But now the location has been changed...to Baghdad...not feeling so happy about that. But like any good military spouse that knows that everything could change until he is on the plane, I am going to look at this like Scarlett and I will think about it tomorrow...or next month... or when he gets on the plane to go...
So let's move on to more fun things to talk about...cards! Here are a couple of my favorite Christmas cards that I created for Issue 23 of Papercraft Essentials. I am pretty sure that this issue came out a few weeks ago in the UK so it should be okay for me to post these. The article was actually about inserts, but of course, I had to make pretty outsides to go with the inserts. :)
Supplies used:
*Cosmo Cricket tag
*green and red cardstock
*red buttons
*black brads
*Heidi Swapp Damask sticker
Supplies used:
*Cosmo Cricket patterned paper and velvet ribbon
*Melissa Frances Christmas stickers
*green and cream cardstock
*Inkadinkado Santa Postage stamp - #95630
*Inkadinkado Merry Christmas Santa stamp - #93146
*black inkpad
smiles,
christi

11 comments:

Amy said...

So happy for you that you get to have your hubby a little longer before he goes...and I know what you mean about "thinking about it tomorrow" we do alot of that too...:-) Love the cards, I'm going to have to get my hands on some of those supplies!

Mary Jo said...

I didn't know Ben was being deployed.
Will you be at Scott Air Force base by then?

Carolyn said...

Hugs!!!
You know I am here for you and will give any kind of support you will need, just holler! I cannot even image how I would handle this news, but I'm pretty sure I will take it as you have. Just know you have a pretty good support group here.

Cute cards! I could use about 25 of those Santa ones. LOL I am still in denial that it is time to be sending out Xmas cards.

Sharon Tomlinson said...

Oh gosh, I am a Scarlett too. I have been thinking of you and family ever since you mentioned deployment a while back. Having more time is a good thing. Because you know, nothing ever happens before it is time. I'm sure I have told you that before. I live by it.
So, now I want to tell you how my heart jumped and swelled and flittered with your good/bad news today. Please tell your sweet dear husband how much, I thank him for doing what he does. I have such great admiration and appreciation for him and all his comrade in arms.
Sharon
xo

Anonymous said...

sending you lots of love right now....never easy...those deployments!!!
xoxoxo

Alison Bryant said...

Our prayers definitely continue...thanks for the update. I've passed that info on to David.

I love the sage and reddish colors together on the cards...maybe partly because those colors are in my house. =)

Nancy said...

awww sorry to hear about dh's deployment. We are all here for you.

And your cards look super.

Crystal said...

Thinking of you as you deal with this - but I agree, don't worry until you have to! ((( HUGS )))

Sandy McTier Designs said...

Hi Christi,
Praying for you and your family.
Keep us posted and when Ben deploys you are gonna have to let all of us know so that we can send him care packages!

Lovely cards.
hugs,
Sandy

Alison Gibbs said...

You go Miss Scarlett I mean Christi, lets hope for a change of location.
Alison

Theresa said...

Oh Christi, I don't know whether to say Yay or Boo for this AF decision, but, like you say, there is still time for more change before that plane leaves the tarmac. Sending you hugs anyway, you can never have too many of them, right!
On to the cards. Love the old-fashioned feel, with the colours - Fab. And we can never have too many of your lovely cards, either.

Related Posts with Thumbnails