Wednesday, November 21, 2007

A quick share...

Good morning! We are off to a great start here for the day. I have eaten half a bag of chocolate covered pretzels, Jacob has played his allotted time on XBox, and little Miss Kat is trying to get over her shots from yesterday. She was up throughout the night with a bit of a fever and while that has broken, she just doesn't feel so up-to-snuff this morning.

So we are taking it easy around here. I have a couple of quick errands to run this afternoon, but overall, we are just relaxing today. I did get to talk to my dad this morning and he sounds fantastic!! He seems to be doing really well and is feeling really positive about how the surgery went so that is great. Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers on his behalf!!!

So here is a layout that I finished off early this morning. I used CP#9 to inspire this one. The base scalloped paper is Narratives from Creative Imaginations. The other papers and the butterfly stamps are Urban Lily. Kat's name is done using the Inque Boutique stamps. The velvet ribbons are MM and May Arts. I don't know if you can tell on this photo, but for the butterfly tails, I pierced their flight lines. It looks really cool in person esp. with the hole-punch detail around the scallops.


I don't know if you have ever noticed it before, but I have a bit of a rubberstamp obsession and there have been so many really cool stamps that have come out recently. My favorites have to be Kim Hughes' Collection, Inque Boutique and Rubber Romance, but just yesterday, I discovered a new gorgeous stamp company...PaperTrey Ink. I am definitely placing an order with them when I have some money to spend on me. :)
smiles,
christi

4 comments:

Crystal said...

Yeah for your dad!! And I hope Kat is feeling better soon. I love the card you made to use when your DH is away. And you must have an amazing collection of stamps :))

Thanks for stopping over at my blog :)) I loved everything about Europe. Last night when I caught a bit of Rick Steves' program (he's the tour book author) about Milan, I was already planning our next adventure :))

Happy Thanksgiving, coming from Canada!

Anonymous said...

I wanted to jump on and tell you how much i love your projects..You are rocking the CI product!
:)

Carolyn said...

Great news about your Dad! I hope he has a speedy recovery, and is back up to par soon.

I must say you have been so creative lately. I just love see your work on here, and this latest one is so adorable, the colors are perfect, and the tails on the butterflies is a super touch to them, it really does tie in with the scallop paper, and do I need to say Miss. Kat is so darn adorable.

Hopefully in the upcoming days I will have some time to do a little creating too. My collection is begging to be used. hee hee

Amy said...

so glad your dad is doing great, I am loving the layouts you've been doing lately, beautiful...
Happy Thanksgiving!

Related Posts with Thumbnails