Sunday, September 23, 2007

Welcome to the First Day of Autumn! & Day 8


Autumnal View from Warwick Castle, England
Autumn is definitely my favorite season. I love the changing leaves, the crispness in the air, the ability to wear more clothes (I love my sweaters), the coming of Halloween, the wonderful autumn spicy smells, Spiced Pumpkin Lattes...it's all good! Of course, here today it is supposed to be in the mid-90's so we will just pretend that we are having autumnal weather as we sit under the air conditioning. :)

Cambridge, England


Outer Wall of Warwick Castle, England

And now onto the art...
This is an example of experimentation gone too far past my comfort zone. LOL! I am trying to challenge myself a bit artistically while working in my art journal for the 21-day challenge. So yesterday I decided to get down and messy with paints, glaze, stamping, and bits of paper from mags/books. This is my result. I can't say that I am particularily happy with it and even thought about re-doing it, but decided that went against my goal of trying to stretch myself so I am leaving it alone and will be doing something a bit more "my" style today!


And along the lines of just my style, here is my latest layout. These are photos from the summer of DS with my Dad "just hanging". I used my feature products, Inque Boutique stamps and Scenic Route papers.

smiles,
Christi

9 comments:

Jeanne said...

Beautiful fall photos! And I live yor journal page, even if it isn't your style as you said. It's great that you are trying new techniques and stretching your artistic muscles with this challenge.

Carolyn said...

Don't you dare redo that journal entry. It's amazing! I love the artsy feeling it has to it. I say you need to get out of your comfy zone more often, the work is great.

Love the Fall pics too!

Alison Bryant said...

Oh, goodness...I'm so glad you posted those photos! The first one - looking out from Warwick Castle - was my absolute favorite vista of the entire trip. It felt like a fairy tale; I almost couldn't tear my eyes away. I can never tell you thanks enough for hosting us. It was so special to get to do those things with you all. (Sigh) Okay, I'm finished reminiscing. =) Interesting projects! I like the sense of fluidity and motion in the image of the dancer.

dianna said...

Glad you didn't change your journal page-it's awesome!
Dianna

~Red Tin Heart~ said...

That is so beautiful!!! I am so happy you did not change this. The photos of England are wonderful. xoxo Nita

Mary Jo said...

love those photos of england!!
and i think your art journal page looks great! no redos :0)

Sharon Tomlinson said...

I really like your art journal. You know you can have an "art journal" and a "scrapbook layout" style. I always like your layouts.

Rhonna said...

CHRISTI!!!!!!! you always amaze me...I LOVE seeing your art journal & hearing about your journey!!!!
Keep it up...you're doing it!
R

Rita said...

I love your Fall photos -- they are so gorgeous! I am pretending its Fall weather here too -- will those 90 degree temps ever go away?? :)

Your art journal entry is beautiful. It may not be your usual style, but you still did a wonderful job.

Related Posts with Thumbnails