Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Product packaging inspiration...

Welcome to part 3 of my series on finding creative inspiration!

Today I am looking at product packaging. I personally feel that this is one of the most overlooked areas for inspiration, but it one of the richest areas to look for a creative push! Just think about it, products are packaged so that they will quickly catch your eye as you are moving through the store and the aisles of goods. That's what you want with your art too...something that catches the eye.

For my examples today, I used this package as my inspiration:

This diaper packaging actually inspired two different projects. The first is this layout. I really loved the stages section of the package and thought that it would make a cool title area on a layout and this is how the interpretation came out.

Supplies used:
*Stacy Claire Boyd papers
*Bazzill crochet flowers
*Scenic Route Chipboard circles
*Hero Arts stamp
*MM rub-ons

This second project was inspired by the stage 1/size section of the packaging. I really liked the divided long rectangle and it inspired me to create this card. I cut one of the Cosmo Cricket tags in half and placed the halves side-by-side and decorated the halves with the Gypsy style Rhonna stamps, more CC tags, and prima flowers. I think that it turned out pretty fun!


What are you creating this week?
smiles,
Christi

6 comments:

Carolyn said...

Oh I love what you did with this inspiration from the packages, it's so darn cute. Way to make it your own. I really mean that!

Oh and happy you can now see clearly. Yippee to that new monitor!!!

And, there probably will be no creating until the weekend here. The one thing about going back to work. I tend to actually get things done on the weekend.

Nancy said...

I also love how you do this, you have an amazing eye and knack for these inspriations, Your layout looks awesome.

Alison Bryant said...

The colors in the "Happy Together" layout are great. I also love the font of "Smile" in the next project. This has really challenged me to look at the things around me in a different light. Thanks for that!

Anonymous said...

becoming inspired by a diaper packaging is truly challenging. and the result is just stunning, christi!! i'm curious what else i can find on your blog in the near future! very creative spirit!

Anonymous said...

you asked about my challenge of the week? well i'm working on some hand painted creations on linen, a assignment for some very good friends (to decorate their breakfast tables). hope you're having a creative day as well!

Theresa said...

love your projects, and thanks for the reminder on inspiration sources - will I ever look at a package of nappies in the same way???

Related Posts with Thumbnails