Thursday, September 06, 2007

Inspired by Sketches

There are times when I sit down to create and I cannot envision anything working on that blank page sitting in front of me. These are the days when sketches are my friend. When I use a sketch to inspire me creatively, it is a fantastic jumping off point. I can use as much of the sketch that I need to while I am waiting for my mojo to kick in. Sometimes that is as easy as cutting one piece of paper to the size used on the sketch. At other times, it takes following every detail of the sketch. Regardless, a sketch makes the whole process MUCH easier.

Nowadays there are fabulous sketch sites to help to provide you with inspiration. I have links to 4 of my favorites over under my links area. Pencil Lines and Valerie's are both layout sketch sites while CPS and Sketch This Cards are both card sketch sites. A fun trick when using these sites is to turn the sketch or to use the sketch on a different project than what it was intended...use a layout sketch for a card and vice versa.

Today, I took 3 of this weeks sketches and applied them to my projects.

Valerie's Sketch #25
This first layout is using the sketch from Valerie's Sketch blog for this week and my products for this week (Cosmo Cricket Dutch Girl and Rhonna Farrer's Gypsy style stamps.) These were family photos from the 4th of July. I am not thrilled with the photos (the baby looks awful in all of them) so they were perfect for using a sketch. I have a hard time finding my creative mojo when I am not really excited about the project.


CPS #29
My second project is a card using the sketch from CPS for this week. Again I used my featured products (Cosmo Cricket papers and Rhonna stamps) as well as buttons, another stamp, and a Jenni Bowlin label. This (I think) is my last project for this week using these particular featured products. I am ready to move on to my next set and will probably tell you about those either tomorrow or Monday. (I may leave it so that I can play with whatever over the weekend.) I had talked about scrapbookers cards a couple of weeks ago and this card is one of those little sizes.


Sketch This Cards #25
My final sketch project is another card using this week's sketch from Sketch This Cards blog. Everything on here was picked up this Spring at Target's $ spot. The quality of these products are not anything that I would necessarily want in my scrapbook, but they are really pretty and perfect for cardmaking and at that bargain price, this card literally only cost me a few pennies to make. So easy and by using a sketch, it was super-fast too!!!

smiles,
Christi

9 comments:

Valerie Salmon said...

Christi,
I'm glad to see that you were inspired by the sketch. Nice job on this! Thanks so much for sharing. Keep up the great work, too. :)

Andrea, said...

great cards and layout

Theresa said...

Beautiful work again, I love sketches too.

Anonymous said...

love your sketches and creativity, christi! it's always inspiring to visit you and see your work ;))

Anonymous said...

As always, fabulous work Christi:)

Alison Bryant said...

Thinking about these sketches and the paintings you posted recently, it got me to wondering...do you have any favorite famous artists?

Carolyn said...

Oh girl you are on a creative roll lately. It's so good to see what you have been working on, and good to know you are able to find time to be creative.

I also have to say that photo of Jacob and Kat is adorable. You need to use that one alone on a layout, it's priceless.

Jeanne said...

That Cosmo Cricket paper is so awesome isn't it? What a fun layout!

jo said...

Fab work as uusal Christi:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails