Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Half-way there...

It's day 11 of the {21} Day Challenge. We are halfway through the challenge and I am so happy with how it is going. I have stuck with all three parts of my personal challenge which is a rare thing for me. The only thing that I am slightly discouraged about is the Weight Watchers points. I have only had one day where I went over my points (by 4 points) and with the flex plan that should have been okay because I haven't been using any of my flex points, but I haven't seen any results with regards to my scale or clothes. I think that it may be time to switch up my diet... I tend to eat the same things every day. I am also breastfeeding so that may be affecting my results too. But I am feeling better so for right now, I am satisfied.

Thanks, everyone, for the supportive words about my Day 8 page. I know that it is good for me to experiment and I have left it alone, but for the next couple of days, I went back to a little more my style of pages.

Day 9:

Rhonna's quote for this entry was, "Our minds are as different as our faces; we are all traveling to one destination; happiness; but few are going by the same road." Charles Caleb Colton

So I did a bit of journaling about the support that I have received from the other participants in the challenge. Click on the image to read it. And I had to include another one of those super-cute stamps from Burnt Cookie.

Day 10:
For this entry, I was inspired by the fact that we are officially in the autumn season.


Finally another layout using Scenic Route papers and Inque Boutique stamps. The layout is based on the Pencil Lines Sketch #51 from this week. My parents have this great little fishing pond in their backyard which we always love fishing in when we go to visit. Take a look at the size of that catfish that Jacob pulled out of it the last time that we were there...


I have lots of little projects working right now so maybe I will have time today to get some of them done to share...
smiles,
christi

12 comments:

Rita said...

I can't believe it's day 11 of the challenge already -- you are doing such great work!

Nancy said...

Man Christi you are rocking. Your work is so darn pretty! Love it.

Alison Bryant said...

Wow--that was a big fish from your dad's pond!

I love how you added the 3-D leaves to the paper. Very creative.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE your art journal for the challenge! You are doing some gorgeous work - especially in the one where you are pushing yourself out of your comfort zone. I really love these and look forward to seeing these new artistic flourishes spill over into your layouts.... I know you say you don't do messy very well but I have to respectfully disagree. You ROCK messy! Really you DO! And good for you for making it to the halfway point and still DOING IT each day! We're almost there! (Oh and you are so much more than numbers on a scale!! Weight fluctuates so much from morning to night and from day to day based on sodium, hormones, etc... that you should really go more by how your clothes are generally feeling. Also you probably didn't gain weight in 11 days, but rather over a few months or years... so be kind to yourself as your trying to work it off. Be patient. Keep living a healthy life and it will all tone up and weight will come off!!!)

Sandy McTier Designs said...

Gorgeous entries in your journal. Love the LO and the papers are fab.
have a great day.
Blessings,
Sandy :)

Linda said...

i am so loving this journal christi! those girly stamps are awesome!!!

Casii said...

Fabulous work Christi! WW related, flex points are there to be used and sometimes we need them, but changing it up keeps your body on its toes too.
Love the journal work, that stamp is adorable! Actually all of it pretty much rocks.

Patricia Roebuck said...

I feel like we just started the challenge...although it is getting tougher. Your work is just gorgeous. I love both your style and your Day 8...you gave me the idea of cutting out pictures from magazines. I made the mistake of clicking on the link to those stamps...oh my...will have to look more at them. Hang in there with WW. Make it your doable for you, something you can live with...your body will start changing.

Alison Gibbs said...

Your journal is looking realy lovely. The clours are great. Well done. Alison

Anonymous said...

Very VERY cute page! And good luck with WW!!!! I oh so need to get back to that!

Shalini said...

I am totally loving your journal pages...about not seeing results with WW, I am so there with you. I have been trying to eat right but I haven't seen any results to motivate me :(
Is it true that you can't loose as long as your breast-feeding?

Ania said...

Love Scenic Route - such a great take on the sketch :) Hope you have remembered to email it to Pencillines to be eligible for the prize :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails