Saturday, September 22, 2007

Cards (CPS) & Day 7...

Kat had a rough afternoon yesterday after receiving her 4 month shots so I never made it on to upload my journal. I sat and cuddled with her instead. She continues to run a low-grade fever today, but so far is just sleeping...poor little thing.

But here is my journal page from yesterday. I don't do messy very well so I wanted to try something more along the lines of a traditional art journal page which tends to be a bit messier. Of course, you know by now that with anything I do, it has to incorporate stamping so I used a couple of my new girl stamps from the Burnt Cookie Etsy store. I love all of these stamps. They have such an air of self-confidence and fun about them...which is one of my overall goals with this project...basically feeling really good about myself and what I am accomplishing. The other stamp (the swirls) is one of the Inque Boutique stamps. The papers are Scenic Route (green) and Anna Griffin (pink). The quote artwork is Rhonna's design which she created specifically for the {21} Day Challenge.

I have also been working on a few cards using this week's featured products (Scenic Route papers & Inque Boutique stamps.)

Here is the first. I had originally made this for the CPS/Cardmaker contest and then read the fine print about the contest and realized that it didn't fit the theme. Oh well!


This card is made using the CPS Sketch #31. Again these are Scenic Route papers and the little bit stamped in between the sections is actually a bird stamp from Inque Boutique.


I haven't gotten to create today's art page yet. We will see how Kat is feeling as to whether or not it gets done. So hopefully I will be back later with more to share.

I hope that you are having a creative weekend! Don't forget that CMK has the whole store 25% off this weekend. You deserve a fun treat!
smiles,
christi

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm behind in my blog trolling...Christi I am so loving how your journal is turning out and your daily projects are great too..beautiful...

Alison Bryant said...

Great stuff; love the colors on the last card. Hope Kat is feeling better.

Carolyn said...

Love the journal entry, and those stamps are fabulous. Hopefully soon I will be able to share some work with my new Catherine Moore stamps, they are to die for.

Cute cards too, and I hope Kat is feeling a bit better now.

dianna said...

How fun fun fun (and sassy) are those*!*

Our babies are our most beautiful creations-
Kiss and cuddle your little Kat:)
Dianna

Fiona said...

The journal is looking fab. And there is nothing better than cuddling little babies - I miss that so much now they are bigger.Hope she feels better soon.

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

I know what you mean about trying to de "messy". I have a rough time with it too. Yours turned out lovely.

Anonymous said...

Love your journal entry!!

Andrea, said...

Great cards. Love your pics of Warwick castle, it's one of my favourite places to visit

Related Posts with Thumbnails