Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Crazy Busy & Days 4-5...

Wow! This week has been so busy. I definitely have more than the normal activities going on, but I am also staying super-busy trying to not procrastinate and checking off my lists every day. Which is actually going really well. Yesterday, I flat ran out of day, but it wasn't because I was wasting time or putting things off until later, so that is acceptable. That means, though, that today has been catch-up day...

Here are the last two days' journal entries:
Day 4...I played with some drawing (the girl is drawn from a stamp example from this Etsy shop) and watercolor pencils...definitely not techniques that I use very much anymore so an art journal is a good place to try out those rusty techniques.


Day 5...more hybrid stuff...Everything is computer generated (Katie Pertiet from www.designerdigitals.com) except the corrugated cardboard and this is the first time that I have used it on an art project.


I am seriously behind on visiting the blogs, but that is on my list of things to do tomorrow. :)
smiles,
christi

16 comments:

~Red Tin Heart~ said...

Christi, i love the girl!! it all is wonderful. you inspire me. xo nita

Anonymous said...

Looks Great

Melanie

Alison Bryant said...

I'm curious about the digital stuff...I'm not familiar with it. Must be great by the looks of the results, though!

Alison Bryant said...

P.S. The quote about time in your journal is so similar to what my dad always told me: "You have time for what you make time for." It made a big impression on me, though I'd like to forget it sometimes when I'm procrastinating! =)

Christi said...

Alison, the way that the digital stuff works is that when you buy a kit, you get a download which will be a zip file that includes a jpeg (usually that is the format) for each paper design or element included in the kit. Then you can just print them the way that you would any digital print except for...you print them on cardstock, not photo paper.

It's a pretty economical way of doing things if you don't need 12x12 pieces of your patterned papers. Most of the kits run $4-$6 and will include 6-12 papers plus all the elements like the tag and flower that you see on this journal page (although I do think that I was working with two different kits here...) The nice thing is that you only print as much as you need so there isn't as much waste.
smiles,
Christi

Alison Bryant said...

Okay, that makes sense. I'll have to check out some of that. (rubbing hands together and grinning) More stuff to play with! Thanks for the info.

Anonymous said...

Chrisi..I'm so inspired by your drawing...you might have inspired me to try digital...

Jeanne said...

How clever you are sketching that girl. She turned out great, right down to her pearls. I like what you said about every minute of the day we have a chance to make a new choice for a better life. I need to work on that myself.

Rita said...

Love your sketch of the girl Christi -- I could never do that! Your art journal is just beautiful so far! ((hugs))

Casii said...

The combo of digital and paper is fabulous. Wish I was putting myself out there more in that area.

Shalini said...

Love your journal pages, love the lady sketch
One quick questions, does your journal has only 21 pages or do you plan to continue adding to it once this challenge is over.

Christi said...

Shalini, my journal does have more pages, but I doubt I will do any more in it after the 21 days. Although I do plan to continue the habits that I am trying to change. I may start a new one or I may channel that creative time into another project...I am not sure at this point...although I do have an idea fermenting about a new personal challenge.

Thanks for all the nice feedback, everyone!
smiles,
christi

Linda said...

very cool journal! love the stamp! glad you are getting in some creative time!

Patricia Roebuck said...

Your journal looks wonderful!!! Love your work!!!

Unknown said...

Wonderful pages Christi, love the art work . . . I'm a North Carolina girl too, where do you live?

Fiona said...

Great look- enjoy playing with the different toys out there. It's such fun!

Related Posts with Thumbnails