Monday, September 17, 2007

Day 3 Accomplished

Whew! My list of things to do today was REALLY LONG, but as of 9:30, I only have 2 things left on it...to blog and to look up an email. Wow! I did everything on my list and I can guarantee you that I probably would not have done about 2/3's of what was on my list if it hadn't been for this challenge. I would have just put it off til tomorrow. I also stayed within my WW points and created today so it was another successful day. YAY! I love the motivation that these challenges provide. Thanks Rhonna!!!

For my journal page today, I used the quote art that Rhonna provided and just did a little bit of playing with my Glaze pens. I have never really used these before so this was another new experiment for me. The papers are K&Co-Amy Butler (pink) and Scenic Route (green) and of course, some Heidi Swapp chipboard (I am going to have a problem if she ever stops making those!!!)

I did a play on the word adventure from the quote. The page says:
Achieve goals
Dare to do more
Value time
Enjoy a more fulfilled life
Nurture self
Take advantage of moments
Unveil a new me
Re-discover an organized life
Example for the kids


I also have a couple of layouts to share. This first one is using my week's featured products (Scenic Route papers & Inque Boutique stamps) and of course, those Heidi Swapp alphas again. The photos are from an Aviation Boot Camp that Jacob attended over the summer in Midland.


This layout of Kat is my first hybrid layout. All the patterned papers are from the Holly McCraig/CMK digi kit. So much fun!!! Other supplies used: Cloud 9 brads, Heidi Swapp chipboard, and Bazzill cardstock. I used Valerie Salmon's sketch for last week to create this layout.


My list is already long for tomorrow so I better go and look up that email and then get some rest. Until tomorrow...
smiles,
christi

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love day 3 page...you are inspiring me to try new techniques!

~Red Tin Heart~ said...

I truly love your style. Your work is so pretty. xo nita

Alison Bryant said...

Arrrghhh...the only thing I don't like about reading this is that it's challenging me not to procrastinate! I'll just work on that challenge tomorrow. =) Seriously, congrats on how the things are going.

Anonymous said...

Love how you've used the letters of Adventure, brilliant. Your baby page is so cute. :)

Valerie Salmon said...

You did such a nice job, Christi.
Glad you are liking the sketches.
Your baby is such a cutie!

Sunny said...

Your journal is beautiful! I love how you used adventure as an acronym! Very inspiring!

dianna said...

holy cow! great stuff!
it would take me days......
thanks for the encouraging words-i needed that!

Cherylyn Gnadt said...

Wow. you're an inspiration. Everything done on your list by 9:30! Seems my list doesn't get started until 9:30 at night!! Thanks you so much for your comments on my blog. I really appreciate the encouragement.

Nikki Cleary said...

wow Christi thanks for leaving such a nice comment on my blog...i see you are taking Rhonnas challenges, I didn't know she was doing that again...I will have to check it out!!
hugs, Nikki
PS if I have a list I get LOTS more done than if I didn't too :)
PSS forgot to tell you that I love your journal!

Carolyn said...

You're becoming my hero! Look at all the creating you have done lately. And, some really cute stuff, I must say. What you did with today's Rhonna challenge is so eye catching, love the pp combo and the hs letters and your use of the glaze pens. I must mention those are a favorite of mine.

Keep up the great job with the list to!

Casii said...

Gorgeous work so far in your 21 journal. The layouts are lovely as well. The acronym is brilliant!

Kath W said...

Wow! Your day 3 artwork really pops out at me...gorgeous!

And congrats on getting so much accomplished!

Rita said...

You must feel such a great sense of accomplishment -- creating so much lately on top of everything else! Great job on your first hybrid layout and the layout using SR and the Inque Boutique stamps together is fantastic!

I always look forward to your inspiration!

Sandy McTier Designs said...

So inspiring! Lovely LO's! Especially love the colors on Kat's.
Have a great day.
Blessings,
Sandy :)

*Beatriz Jennings* said...

wow! LOVE This creations!!! TFS! :)

Jeanne said...

I love how you spelled out the qord adventure with your to-do's. You are really doing great with your 21 Day Journal.

Related Posts with Thumbnails