Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Sharing the Love at Barnes & Noble...

I apologize for my absense yesterday. I had a post in my head all ready to go, but I was elbow deep in making Christmas cards.

I know, I can hear the shock and awe coming across the miles, but don't be too impressed or checking your mailbox for your Christmas card from me just yet.

I haven't miraculously changed my ways and am now super-prepared and organized for Christmas. No, I am still the good-procrastinator that I have always been and am working on an article (that is running a bit late--see that's the Christi that you know and love) for Papercraft Essentials. It is going out in the mail today...due in the UK for this coming Friday...so I am just a couple of days late.

So while I have happily been creating my Christmas cards, feeling confident in the fact that the holidays are still ages away...it helps to think that when it is 100 degrees outside...and the fact that I have ages before I have to start feeling panicked about the holiday rush, Barnes & Noble crushed that notion.

It is Pumpkin Spice time! As I was checking out last night, they had bookmarks at the register announcing that fact. I love Pumpkin Spice lattes, and autumn is my favorite season, but it just seems so early. Summer just started, didn't it? I know that I should have realized when Jacob started school, but they start so early anymore that I didn't even take notice that autumn was coming.

So I was at Barnes & Noble last night (notice that nice segue...), and I have been keeping my eye on a book... planning to buy it once payday rolls around. The last time that I was in, they had two copies so I wasn't too worried, but last night, I got worried.

I found my book and there was only one copy, but even more worrying was the fact that it had been shelved upside down and backwards so that you couldn't tell what the book was. Someone else was eyeing my book and trying to hide it from other potential buyers. You know, I know that because that is exactly something that I would do and immediately thought about going and hiding it in another obscure section of the store like Computers, but I decided that my safest route was to just buy it.



So if you were the one hiding Living the Creative Life by Rice Freeman-Zachary at the Fayetteville, NC Barnes & Noble, your book is gone and you may want to call and special order another copy.

Doesn't this book look fun? It features 15 artists and how they keep their artistic muse flowing. And you all know, I am all about keeping my creative muse happy. I have just had time to glance through it, but I will tell more later if it turns out to be a good buy.

And while I have been very busy making Christmas cards, I have played just a tiny bit with this week's featured products.



This is a journal that I altered using the Cosmo Cricket Dutch Girl papers and Rhonna Farrer's Gypsy-style stamps. The journal is another one of those school supplies for me that just happened to hop into my basket when we were buying Jacob's school supplies...it came from Target and already comes with the Kraft cover and red book-binding edge...too fun and easy! I am really loving these products and have so many ideas flowing for using them so hopefully I will have more fun stuff to share tomorrow...
smiles,
Christi

12 comments:

Mary Jo said...

Christmas cards?!!! Good for you :0) I can't wait to start scrapping again!

Theresa said...

How CAN it be Pumpkin Spice time? I just had Blueberry creme on Saturday!! Well done on getting into the "Christmas" spirit already (although I did spy C stuff being put out in M's at the weekend!!). Love the journal, and NOW I know what you mean about last minute school supplies - why does a child that is only at school 2 and three-quarter hours need a backpack???!!!! Oh yes, to put his lollipop in!!!!

Alison Bryant said...

I've been itching to start my cards, especially since I never did them last year!
Journal looks really good. I took your idea from last week about the composition book...I got a slightly larger one, and will use it for writing. I still need to alter it, though.

Picture This said...

Well, I don't know where you find the time in the first place, you rock girlie. Good job on getting all that done. Love all the projects you have in your post, great stuff.

DawnW

Linda said...

well woman....you have been busy! can't wait to hear the review on that book. sounds like my kind of read!!! fall is my favorite time too. i saw signs at the cider mills that they will be open in Sept. just a few days away! love your altered journal too! i have that same one! i have yet to alter it tho...i need some of your creative energy because mine is in the pooper! lol! you go girl on those christmas cards!!!

Anonymous said...

OK, I just had to share that I LOLed at your "apology" to the person who had their eye on your book. You crack me up!

Sandy McTier Designs said...

I love pumpkin spice anything! Especially lattes.
Your journal is fabulous!
Have a wonderful weekend.

Blessings,
Sandy :)

Kari said...

I just got this book at Borders yesterday. It looks FABULOUS! So excited. Looking forward to chat with you about what you think. Let me know:)
Cheers
Kari

Nancy said...

I have been thinking about doing my xmas cards soon too. You have been one busy woman!!

Rita said...

That book from B&N looks great (you little thief you! hee hee...actually, it sounds like you saw it first, so glad you got it!). And how DO you do so much? You are amazing!

Dave said...

Christi,

I think that you are the meanest person I've seen all week. All week long, I have been craving one of my favorite things on the planet-a pumpkin spice latte-and we have no starbucks or B&N here! That's just mean!

Ricë said...

Thanks so much for this great post about my book--I love it! Guess who's guilty of hiding books until I can buy them. . . .

Hope you've enjoyed the read--it was a joy to write~~

Related Posts with Thumbnails