Monday, August 27, 2007

Good Monday Morning!

Hello to everyone out there in blogland!! Did you have a good weekend? Things were pretty good around here although I felt like I spent the entire weekend looking for those last few school supplies that weren't on the list.

You know, the ones that the teachers add to the list after school starts which destroys that wonderful feeling of accomplishment that you had for getting your school supplies early, thus avoiding the crowds and out-of-stock issues. And yes, I have a deprived child...we are STILL trying to find composition books in 2 colors...UGH! But the school still isn't ready for students (they are still meeting in temporary buildings and spaces) so I am assuming that it is okay that my child is so ill-prepared.

It was a different kind of crafty weekend for me. This is what I worked on for most of the weekend:

It's a farewell gift for one of DH's first seargents...they have a joke that she rules with a soft hammer so it seemed appropriate. DH is thrilled with the way that it turned out. DS, on the other hand, became more and more horrified with each new girly thing that I added. LOL!

Here is a close-up of the card tag:

This tag was heavily inspired by a tag that Melissa Phillips (lilybean's paperie) posted last week. I truly believe that Melissa is one of the most inspired cardmakers out there. I LOVE HER WORK and could easily stare at it for hours. I keep hoping that she will come out with a book...

Here is a layout that I haven't shared on here yet. This photo of all the kids was taken by the uber-talented SIL Kara...

It was such a fun photo that I just wanted to do something fun with the layout. Can you believe she managed to get a photo with all 4 of the kids looking right at her (even the baby!) She is so talented!

In other news, I am starting a new product grouping today. This week I will be focusing on Cosmo Cricket Dutch Girl collection and Rhonna Farrer's Gypsy Style stamp set.

I love both of these products, but just really haven't used them so I am really excited about the possibilities.

And, I finally finished my first 20 projects until I get new stash challenge so I get to go shopping this week! Yay! But it will probably have to wait until after payday so maybe I can really get going this week and double up on my reward by then by having another 20 projects done....

Do something creative today!
smiles,
Christi

11 comments:

Theresa said...

Christi, I LOVE that hammer - you've got me thinking now!!!! And what a super LO and fab photo too. Looking forward to seeing the Dutch Girl projects. Have a good week.

Alison Bryant said...

Great "Cousins" layout! Yes, that photo is quite a rare treasure. Very fun looking.

Carolyn said...

Oh yeah!! 20 projects and the bonus shopping can happen.. Yeah!

Love the hammer, what a thoughtful creative gift.

About those comp books, can't you alter them? That could be a good way to get more colors, and ds could be the one with cool comp books.

hope you have a wonderful Monday!!

Heather said...

Pretty colours on the layout. And what talent (or luck?) to get even baby Kat looking at the camera at hte same time as her cousins!

Jeanne said...

That hammer is stinkin' cute Christi! Beautiful layout and what a cute photo of the kids.

Picture This said...

Awesome hammer Christi! I was wondering what it would look like when you mentioned it at the board....that is too cool!

DawnW

suze said...

Great hammer! I love those clear stamps. I just used them on some photo boxes. Fun stuff.

Cindy Gilchrist said...

The hammer is PERFECT!!! LOL - sure to be a big hit!!!

Rita said...

Christi, since I have done ZERO of my 20 projects, do you think I can shop in celebration of YOUR 20 projects...hee hee...just thought it sounded good.

Your altered hammer is too cool -- and the Cousins layout is so much fun.

Sandy McTier Designs said...

You need to market those hammers girlfriend! They would fly off the shelves. The LO is so cute ~ how did you get them to look at the camera all at the same time!!!
Have a great day!
Sandy :)

Anonymous said...

Ok..I love the hammer. And just need to agree with Heather about the cousins pick. That was pure luck. Notice there aren't multiples of that pose...just the one. LOL...thanks for the confidence though. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails