Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Good morning!!!

Here is another project using the Collage Press- Fresh papers and the Purple Onion Designs Flea Market stamps. I just cannot stop using these products. I have one more layout and one more card in mind and then I will try to move on to something different so that you don't get bored. But you know, with all of the projects that I have done using these papers, I have hardly made a dent in my stash of them. I don't think that I have used a full sheet of any of them yet!?!? I think that it may be time to re-think how much I buy of my favorite patterned papers.

This is another circle journal. This one belongs to Linda Peterson. Her theme was Self-Portrait.




Answer for Barb and others that wonder about the Purple Onion Designs unmounteds. Purple Onion Designs stamps are unmounted red-rubber and come to you in a big sheet. When you get them, you will have to cut them apart. I do not mount my red rubber stamps to anything. I keep them stored in a plastic box and when I want to use them, I file through my box. I know what is in that box so it isn't hard...other unmounteds, I keep elsewhere.

I use my red-rubber unmounteds on the same acrylic blocks that I use with my clear plastic acrylic stamps. The difference with the unmounteds is that I mount them using a piece of double-sided scotch tape. This works great for this. Just make sure that when you are done, that you remove the tape and stamp within the first 24 hours or you will end up with tape residue. A good hint, because this stamp does not have any extra cushion (and this is true for your acrylics too,) is to place your paper on top of a mouse pad to stamp it. This will give you a better, full impression to have that little bit of cushion.

smiles,
Christi

8 comments:

Sharon Tomlinson said...

Thanks for the stamping tips. But I just gotta say this is a beautiful picture of you. Very sexy. What are you doing? Is that someones shoulder? I'm just full of questions. Answers aren't necessary.

Theresa said...

more fabbi-ness!! thanks for the tips on unmounteds - I just use them in their "floppy" state and make do with a "surprise" image, but I'll think about your way when I want a cleaner image.

Barb said...

Thanks so much....now you've made me HAVE to order them! What an enabler you are! Any special scissors you use to cut apart---cutter bees?

Cindy Gilchrist said...

Christi - Everything is so beautiful!!!!

Carolyn said...

Love the entry in the cj. That is a really good photo of you. And you truly know how to work with that paper and cool stamps.

I also like using the tape for stamps, very good tips you shared on here.

Sandy McTier Designs said...

Beautiful photo of you and beautiful ART!
Have a great day.
Sandy :)

Amber Hight said...

This is so pretty Christi, I love all your projects:)

Rita said...

Great photo of you girl! Love what you've done with all the CJs!

Related Posts with Thumbnails