Monday, May 05, 2008

Starting to feel the panic...

Ben is supposed to be home in 6 weeks and within 2 weeks of him getting home, we are supposed to have packers here to move us to Illinois. I have SO MUCH that I need to get done and can see that I am quickly going to run out of time (that seems to be an ongoing theme on this blog, doesn't it?!?! LOL!)


Oh, and I have I mentioned lately that he has lost 25 lbs. since he left??!!?! *ack* I had such good plans of being a size 6...okay, well maybe an 8 or 10 when he got home, but instead all I have done is sample every single method of pizza that's available (Jacob and I are HUGE fans of pizza...Ben not so much so we have tried to take advantage of our food freedom,) but you know what... Eating pizza almost every day is not very conducive to getting in shape?!?! I know, I was totally shocked too.


So not only do I have to totally re-vamp my eating habits, but I have got to seriously get this house re-organized too so that we can move. Yesterday, I started with my scrap area (which before Kat was born, was known as our dining room...i.e. the other half of our living room.) Here are a few after shots and I know that it doesn't look like much, but when I started (oh, and for the last 2 months) you couldn't see a single area of table surface clean or any of the floor around my chair.
I store all my cardstock in these plastic trays. This would not be a good long-term solution because in the afternoon, I have sun coming in this window, but it will work for a couple of months until we get our new house where I will once again have a dedicated stamp room (finally! This last year has been rough!) On the table there is my stamp storage of the stamps that I am using right now. Oh, yeah, those are just the ones that I may use over the next couple of weeks. My stamp collection is MANY times larger than that (it's a sickness, but one I really enjoy!) The wood mounted ones go in the wire rack, my Banana Frog stamps in the basket on the left and a few other unmounteds and wood mounted ones in the storage on the right.
Sitting at my feet, is all my paper (and a little cutie if she's awake...although I don't get to sit over there much when she is up for that very reason.) Like my stamps, this is just the stuff that I plan to use in the near future. Nowhere near all of my stash. *eek*, I really shouldn't admit that should I?
Just another shot of little Miss Kat because she is such a cutie. She has 3 teeth, waving now, and starting to stand without support.
These are the shelves that I added to the room yesterday. Before that all this stuff was at my feet and all over the table. Now you see why I had to reorganize. It was a serious mess. There are embellishments here, my Unity stamps, PaperTrey stamps, Rubber Romance stamps and Inque Boutique stamps as well as all my lace trims. In the lap tray on the buffet, you can see all of my punches and then in that blue thingie that you can just see the edge of, I have stored all my small paper pads (5x7, 6x6, and 8x8.)
The best storage method I have found for my Unity stamps has been these small $1 baskets from Target. They are really very small, but each one will hold about 4 kits. Eventually I plan on buying some shoe racks to hold them and I need to label the handles with what kits are in each of them.
A couple of better close-up shots. They are really handy because I can just pull the basket off my shelf that has the stamp kit that I want to use in it and it's all contained in a small footprint to set on my work table.
I hope that you had fun viewing my crafty space, such that it is. I will be back tomorrow with more projects to share.
smiles,
Christi

13 comments:

Janet O. said...

Illinois? Illinois where? Close to me?

Laura Williams said...

super fun christi!!! :) especially the cutie-girl . . .how the heck do you keep her OUT of all that stuff!!!???

Alison Gibbs said...

I'm like Laura - how do you keep the sweet little Kat out of your stuff. Looks like you are doing a great job of reorganising your craft space. At least it will make it easier for when you have to pack to move.
Alison

Christi said...

LOL! There has been so much of it on the floor that she really couldn't get to it...it created it's own barrier of a sort... and that box of paper and the box of thrift shop stuff behind it under the table really does distract her enough that I can get to her before she can get to the stuff that she can really destroy. It takes very close supervision.

LOL! This house was NEVER meant to have a baby in it. There is SO MUCH that she can get into and I simply don't have a place to put it away in this house. We have become experts in the act of distraction...I let her destroy the heck out of my baskets of cd's and dvd's which are on the other side of the room and nowadays, she LOVES to play with the cat carrier that is always out. smiles, Christi

Anonymous said...

I can't believe your move is so close. wow.

and 25 pounds?! woah

dianna said...

My little Mallory would have SOOOOOO much fun with all of your crafties...I don't know HOW you do it*!*

Kelly said...

That picture of Kat by your paper is too adorable!!
Good luck with the moving....where in IL are you moving to?? I live in the west central part of IL along the Miss River.

Sandy McTier Designs said...

Oh Christi,
Moving is such a pain isn't it?! Big part of military life though. It has it's pluses though - like meeting incredible people like you!
Kat is too cute! 3 teeth and standing without support already - oh my - where does the time go.
Good luck getting organized and ready for the move.
Smiles,
Sandy
PS PIZZA - YUM!

Mary Jo said...

Drop me a line when you get to your new home, Christi!
We will definitely have to hook up at the scrap store and get our two girls together :0)

Carolyn said...

Oh no you mention pizza-I love pizza, but at the moment there is no pizza entering this mouth, but oh did my mouth just water from the mention of pizza.

25lbs...OMG! I am sure he is working his butt off over there.

The move will be here before you know it, and I so don't envy you having to get all that packing ready, that is such a chore and big one at that.

Can Kat get any cuter, that one of her under the table is adorable. Can you believe almost a year already. Time Flies! way to Fast.

Jeanne said...

Oh Christi you do have a lot to do. Good luck sweetie! What a cutie pie little helper you have there hehe.

Crystal said...

Good luck with your packing! It's such a pain, isn't it? But it's a good way to get rid of stuff too. We've been in this house 30 years - you can just imagine!!

Thanks for showing your stamp storage - and for mentioning the shoe rack idea. I have a spinning book rack that I used at school and I think it would be perfect for stamps. I never would have thought of it - I'm off to get it now!!

And Kat is so cute - one year already! OH, my!! Will you be able to party in this house or is it after your move?

P.S. I did a LO for your 500 challenge - I commented there and you should be able to get to my blog to see it. Thanks!

Rita said...

Those pictures of Kat are OH SO cute and full of little girl mischief! They make me smile!

I am so wanting to participate in your 500th post challenges -- as many of them as I can. I haven't forgotten about you!

And by the way -- don't panic -- deep breaths -- it will all fall into place somehow.

Enjoy your mom's visit -- so glad she will be there with you all for Kat's b-day!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails