Saturday, May 03, 2008

Sketchy Saturday...

Well, once again I find myself at after 6:00 pm, but I am only at 11:00 am as far as my daily to-do list. I guess that I should just give up and accept the fact that I have an {almost} one year old who rules my time throughout the day and from now on, I will only be productive from 6-10 pm. Okay, no I can't accept that....I have too much to do. It will be better once we move because we will be able to set up the house to be childproofed. As it is right now, I have to keep a really close eye on her so that she doesn't kill herself in the midst of all our stuff that should never be around a baby, but there is no place else to put it. I'm rambling...sorry!

On task now...sketch, that is one thing that I have learned how to do this week. I figured out how to create a sketch on my computer and here is a sketch that I have to share with you today.

I created a couple of projects using this sketch as the main guideline. This first one is an altered box. This box originally came from Starbucks and was full of Christmas coffee. It is larger than it looks in the photos...approx. 8x10 and 3" deep.

I played a bit with hybrid on this one. All the papers are Prima digital papers, IOD-Rue kit...they are having a really fun crop this weekend over on their hybrid site if you want to play with a bit of hybrid and be inspired.

The flowers are Prima also. Then I just a couple of word stamps that I have for the left corner detail. I think that I will roll my ribbon and keep it in here.

This is a card that tries to follow the sketch. I was having issues getting it/my muse to cooperate.

Supplies used:
*Unity Stamp Company Little Labels 2
*Making Memories 5th Avenue paper
*Jenni Bowlin paper
*Bazzill
*flat-backed gems
*Making Memories little alpha stickers.

Don't forget my 500th post contest going on...you could use this sketch for your project too if you felt inspired. I hope to use the sketch again, myself, for a layout... So maybe I will have something more to share with you tomorrow.
smiles,
Christi

4 comments:

Sweet B Folkart said...

Love seeing the creative path from computer sketch to reality - very cool!

Sweet B

Amy said...

Hey Christi! Great sketch and love your projects from your past few posts as always beautiful work..so when are you supposed to be here?

Lisa said...

I love to see your work and I won some blog candy from Unity and signed up for their kits because of you...you should get a commission!

JJ Meyer said...

Beautiful layouts and great sketch!

Blessings,
JJ
http://jjsjoyfulcreations.blogspot.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails