Thursday, May 22, 2008

Project Thursday...

First things first...
Happy Birthday Daniel, Dave, and Alison!!!


Thursday's are going to be Project days over on the Unity forum at Splitcoaststampers. Today's project was done by AJ. We had planned on the DT having projects done beforehand so that we would have extra samples which I did, but I really didn't know what the technique was and did my sample totally wrong!! Go check out AJ's tutorial...it looks like a great technique.


But anyway, here is my card...


You can't really tell it here, but the butterfly has been stamped onto acetate using Black StazOn ink. Then I added diamond glaze to the wing sections and glittered them with colored glitters. The acetate is attached to the patterned paper with the brads.


Supplies used:
*Unity Stamp Company Butterfly Beauty
*Unity Stamp Company Circle of Thanks
*StazOn Jet Black Ink
*K& Company Amy Butler papers and die-cut
*K&Company glitter
*brads
*Martha Stewart scallop punch



Finally, many of you have offered up prayers and positive thoughts for Junior, the cat, the last couple of months. I really appreciate that, but unfortunately I had to put him to sleep this morning. This photo was take two weeks ago. He looks annoyed because I was actually taking photos of my Mother's Day flowers and wouldn't let him eat them. I guess that I should have let him... I am really going to miss him...I already do...
C~

9 comments:

Rita said...

Oh sweetie -- I am so sorry about Junior! I am sending many, many hugs.

Life is so crazy here -- I hope to catch up with you soon!

Dave said...

Christi, I am really sorry to hear about Junior. I hope that you have a peace about it; hang in there, sis!

Oh, and that butterfly is cool, too.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the birthday wishes and I am sorry to hear about Junior.

Sandy McTier Designs said...

HI Christi,
I am so sorry to hear about Junior.
The card is lovely and the butterfly too cute.

dianna said...

Beautiful card as always Ma'am*!*

So sorry about Junior~they become little furry members of our family and it's never easy. Lots going on for you right now and I know this is not an easy thing to add to the mix...

Hugs to all of you.

jo said...

So sorry Christi. Sending you all hugs xx

Kelly said...

So sorry to hear about your kitty, what a cute cat he was. They are our furry babies and it's hard to let them go.

Anonymous said...

Oh Christi, I'm so sad to hear about little Junior:( I know you did something wonderful for the little guy though...it's just a sad situation!
BTW, I love all your project lately, you're rockin' the unity!

Unity Stamp Company said...

I am so sad for you, Christi. I am sure that you are feeling an absence. Keep your chin up.

Related Posts with Thumbnails