Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Getting Creative...

Since Monday was the last day of the month, I had to quickly get home and get my final Creative Team project for the month completed for Heart in Hands Scraps. This project is a remix of Tammy Tutterow's Spring Decor Board class. The thought behind this is that, rather than doing a layout, this is a piece of art for your wall or to set on an easel. It is created on chipboard so that it is a heavier piece than a layout.

I loved doing this class and I know that I say that every month, but they are just so much fun and so easy to do!! I made my board to hang in my bedroom with a photo of my wonderful family simply as a daily reminder of what a beautiful life I have.

Supplies used:
*Unity Stamp Company Beautiful Life kit
*Making Memories Chelsea's Place papers
*Creative Imaginations Kimberly Poloson papers, rub-ons, and stickers
*cranberry cardstock
*chipboard
*Fiskars Threading Water punch
*Marvy Uchida Circle scallop punch
*Prima flowers
*buttons
*brown inkpads
Unfortunately, Tammy has made the decision to close HHS so if you want to get any of their wonderful classes, you need to go buy them soon. I think that they are only going to be available through the middle of May.

Did you notice that gorgeous Unity Stamp Company stamp (Beautiful Life and flower)? Those came in while I was out of town so I am going to be having some serious fun with stamps over the coming weeks. I have quite a few projects to get done so hopefully you all will find some inspiration around here soon.... Oh, and speaking of USC, the owner, Angela, is going to be on the Diva Craft Lounge tomorrow at 3:05 pm EST. Don't forget...I think that I need to tie something around my finger so that I don't!
smiles,
Christi

7 comments:

Alison Gibbs said...

Love the layout and the colours and of course the subject matter
Alison

Theresa said...

Lovely, lovely. I have that one saved to do, but finished off the freebie cyber crop one yesterday, they are so fun. I was sad to find out about the closing, was kind of hoping it was April Fool's, and now I can't get to the site. I have a nice little pile of those projects saved, but I still wanted to get a couple more.

Nancy said...

Great colors and love the layouts. What a sweet photo of your dh and the kiddies.

Alison Bryant said...

Love the colors, as usual! The layering of the flowers adds a lot of dimension.

Rita said...

What a beautiful project! Such a perfect photo and the colors are really great. Love those MM papers and the Unity stamps!

Picture This said...

Gorgeous stamps and pages! Love it!
Great photo of the family too. I need to get back to your prompts....do you have a make some time prompts too...LOL

Lisa said...

Awesome layout...I want that "Threading Water" punch, I can't find it anywhere.

Related Posts with Thumbnails