Thursday, May 04, 2006

Book of Dreams!!!

I finally got a good start on artsymama's dream journal project!!!


This is my cover. The theme of my dream journal is exploring dreams through art so I purchased a bargain book at B&N that features the art of Monet who is one of my favorite artists and my plan is to let snippets of his art show through the art of my pages...kind of like what I did with the cover here.

This is my intro page. For the first week, our assignment was to create a pocket so I printed off a library card pocket and used it to hold a bookmarker that I can use throughout the book. I found that little bird stamp yesterday and was so excited because it is so reminiscent of Pam Garrison's art which I love. I hope to have it someplace on every page I create...a little signature of sorts.


This weeks challenge is layers which is really one of my weak points with collage so I am really excited to have a go at it!
smiles,
christi

6 comments:

Kari said...

This is just gorgeous! Love the book your using. Your art is amazing, as always. I **love** your little bird stamp, such a cool idea. Pam is so inspiring! So glad you're playing along with us. Can't wait to see your layers:)

Missy said...

I am absolutely blown away by this journal cover. Whoa, that is just stunning!!!! Really amazing.

Sharon Tomlinson said...

Yes your book is gorgeous. I love your book mark idea...might just lift that. Funny that you are using the Art book and plan to let some show through. I am new at blogging just this week and yesterday posted a similar "future plan".

whitney said...

I too love Monet. I think I have a book of his art around here somewhere, maybe for my next altered book, great idea and great pages.

Anonymous said...

what a great idea to use the monet book - very cool!

Rita said...

Simply gorgeous!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails