Friday, October 01, 2010

Wow! October already...

And with it being the first today, you know that I have TONS to share with you...

First, Unity has a new kit of the month today!! It's fabulous!! As soon as the graphic is up on the website, I will add it here, but this card below features a couple of the new stamps. Isn't that crossword puzzle bird fabulous? Love her!


This week is the 300th sketch over at SCS challenges. 300 card sketches?!?! Wow! So I simply had to play along with this week's sketch for my card today. Here is the sketch....


Supplies used:
*Unity STamp Co. October Kit of the month
*K& Company papers ( all of the blues)
*October afternoon sticker (shaped one under the bird)
*ribbon
*corner rounder
*watercolor pencils
*flat backed gems


**************
Because today is Friday, it means we also have a new Friday Fun Challenge. I am issuing the challenges for the month of October and today's was a not-so-fun one. Sorry girls! It sounded okay when I came up with the idea, but when it came time to put the card together...YOUCH! This was a hard combination!

So today's challenge:
Oct. 1:
World CardMaking Day is tomorrow so your challenge is to create a project that includes....
W- writing...use your handwriting or a hand-drawn element
C- corner rounder
M- magenta (the color)
D- damask 

And here is my card. The only thing that I can say is that I don't dislike it quite as much as I did last night when I created it, but I don't think "like" is a good word for it either...LOL!

I knew that Magenta was one of the requirements so when I saw yesterday's Playdate Cafe color challenge, I thought that was a good starting off point for the card. 


Much brighter colors than I normally use, but I have been drooling over Eva's colorlicious creations, so I decided to try to channel my inner-Eva. Needless to say, I don't think I can pull off her incredible style...LOL! I don't think that I have an inner-Eva. ;o)


I do like all of the elements individually, but put them all together and the need for sunglasses is just too much!
Supplies used:
*Unity Stamp Co. June kit Fly Free (dandelions and sentiment)
*Unity Stamp Co. July kit Happily Ever After (damask shape)
*Martha Stewart border punch
*Fiskars border punch
*corner rounder
*Nestabilities Labels die
*MM trim
*Pink Paislee houndstooth paper
*watercolor pencils
*StazOn jet black ink pad
*Sharpie white poster pen


I have a feeling that the Friday Fun Girls had better results than me, so go check them out...
 Kim
****************************


A note about a new blog I am participating in...

Pretty much everyone in my family loves photography. In October, we decided to have a family challenge to take a photo everyday. The goal is to improve our photography, to actually get out and have a reason to take photos, and to have a wonderful memory of October 2010. There are 9 of us participating although probably only about half will actually take a photo everyday....the rest will participate off and on as inspiration strikes them. Today is the first day and I will be going out in a few hours to find some autumn inspiration to photograph. I hope that you will come over and check out the blog throughout the month...
**************************

And don't forget, tomorrow is World Cardmaking Day!! The Unity and {Ippity} DT's have put together tons of cardmaking challenges to inspire you! I will have one on here too!

21 comments:

Rachel B said...

These are fabulous! I love the one that you did with the color challenge. The colors look so good together on this card!

Anonymous said...

OMG I just freaked when I saw that bird and thought "where is that from???"...hehe!
These cards are SO beautiful Christi!!

Scrapcollectr said...

Love that crossword bird and the font of the sentiment! Great card altogether. And just so you know, the second card photographs beautifully. =D

StampinCathy said...

Your cards are just gorgeous. Love this color combo with all the yummy stamps.

Anne Tussing said...

Awesome cards!! LOVE the crossword bird too:)

dining tables said...

Time flies so fast! October is here and the Holidays are fast approaching! As for the cards, they are all so lovely.

Lisa said...

That color challenge one is amazing!

Lori said...

Your cards are both fabulous! Love the crossword bird--can't wait for my kit to arrive!

Julie Ranae said...

Christi...this is one FaBuLoUs card for the Play Date Cafe Gallery...it's great to have you with us : )

Pamela said...

Fabulous cards!!! Love them! :)

Suzanne B aka brookfies said...

Popped over from the Play Date Cafe blog....amazing cards! Stunning

Unknown said...

They're all gorgeous, Christi! I really like the top one (I'm getting closer to signing back up for the KOTM).

Ruby said...

All lovely cards, but especially the one for the Play Date Cafe Challenge. I love how you've done the background label with those colours, looks fab! Thanks for playing along with us at the PDCC!

Maria said...

Oh I love it! The aqua paper is so lovely! The flowers are so pretty too! Love it all...great job with the challenge!!!

Lisa Somerville said...

Lovely cards, great use of the PDCC colors, they work well with your design! Thanks for playing at the PDCC.

Andrea Ewen said...

Super card, love all the details and how they come together for such a wonderful design! Great use of the colors and I love that border punch! Thanks for playing along with us at the Play Date Cafe!

Morissa Sweeney (YT - ShamrockShe) said...

Love the bird and the trio of flowers stamp is one of my favorites!

Sarah Anderson said...

How fun is that crossword puzzle bird :) And I AdOrE your play date cafe challenge card - it is truly, truly fabulous. Thanks so much for playing

Eva said...

Christi, you crack me up...and that is all I am going to say...hehehhee. But seriously, these cards are AMAZING and you look GREAT with those colors, so try them on more often...hehehe...they might just grow on you. I really, really love both your cards and yepp..love the colors on the second one and you did all with your beautiful inner Christi...see?? You didn't need to channel me...Hugs...Eva

Zue said...

I love your design and the flowers are so pretty.
Have a lovely day!
Sue xx

Suzanne C said...

Pretty cards. Love the flowers and how you colored them. Glad you decided to join us at the PDCC.

Related Posts with Thumbnails