Thursday, October 14, 2010

Hip Hop Halloween Tree...

Hello my Hip-Hopping Unity Peeps!!

Are you getting into the Halloween spirit today?
My mom gave me this awesome tree last year for Christmas so when I heard that we were doing Halloween projects today, I knew that I wanted to decorate it for Hip Hop.

All of my projects on here are very, VERY simple so it would be easy to put this whole thing together in an afternoon.

The little ornament below was using the Unlucky 13 circle from Unity. I simply stamped 3 of them, mounted them on circles, folded them each in half and then glued them together for more of a 3-d effect.


For the ornament below, I stamped that awesome sentiment stamp, trimmed it, and then mounted it to one of the damask pieces cut out of last year's halloween paper from Making Memories.


I created a couple of banner streamers using the scrapbooking banner stamps. For the one below, I simply mounted the "boo" letters from the Pink Paislee chipboard alphabet.


The ornament below is the size of an ATC. I used this week's hip hop sketch for the layout and then simply stamped that great haunted house stamp to finish it off perfectly.


Below is another one of the banners created from the pennant stamps and then the moon/spider added to the witches tag from Making Memories and finished it all off with some flat-backed gems.


I hope that you enjoyed my spooky Halloween tree! 
I will go back and add links after the new website has all the stamps loaded.

Now you need to hop on over to ***Julie's Amazing blog***






24 comments:

farmhouse-story said...

this is so sweet, christy:)

Angie Blom said...

oh this is just fantastic Christi.. I love it!!

Erika said...

These ornaments are fabulous!!!! Love them.

symbelly said...

awesome tree. its so Halloween.
love it.

Rachel B said...

Oh my goodness Christi! I love your Halloween tree! The black rod looks fabulous with all those spooky embellishments! I love the scalloped circle one the best! So fun!

Jen E. said...

that halloween tree is waaaaaaay cool, cute, and AWESOME!

Anonymous said...

Who knew a Halloween tree could be THAT CUTE!!!! LOVE it :)

G. B. Miller said...

Oh goodness!! I love that! What a cool way to use your Unity Halloween stamps. Very creative of you. :)

Lacey said...

ooo this is super fun! great work.

Pamela said...

I LOVE it!!!! :)

Eva said...

Christi, you have totally outdone yourself!!! This is AMAZING and GORGEOUS and CUTE in the same time! I know it must have taken a long time to create this beauty, but I tell you, it was worth it!!! STUNNING!!!

Purple Princess said...

Wonderful!! Love it!!

JPScraps said...

The ornaments are gorgeous!

Verona said...

I have that tree--why didn't I think of that--you created a very delightful decoration. I never thought the tree could end up that cute!

Carolina said...

Christi ~ your Halloween Spooky tree rocks!!!

Unknown said...

wow, soooooo cute!

Shemaine Smith said...

So cute Christi!! Wonderful project!

Kristi B. said...

All your little decorations are so cute! You had a great idea to decorate the tree. I'd love to know where your mom got the tree...lol. :)

Lisa H. said...

ummmmm! seriously, AMAZING!

Carisa said...

so stinkin cute!!! i just love this iron tree & all the little ornaments you created. that banner rocks.

Erika M. said...

Your spooky tree rocks!

Anne Tussing said...

Oooo....super great!

dining room table said...

This is a very nice idea. This is something new. If Christmas has a tree, why not Halloween! Thanks for this wonderful idea.

Anonymous said...

How cute is your tree!!! Oh, I mean spooky. heehee. Love it Christy!

lisa a.

Related Posts with Thumbnails