Friday, October 22, 2010

Playing with Circles- FFC

It's Friday and that means that it's time for another Friday Fun Challenge. 

Today's challenge:
Oct. 22:
It's a full moon tonight. 
Create a round card or tag.



I have to tell you that this month's challenge hostess really SUCKS...
these have been HARD challenges!!!
Unfortunately, I have no one to blame but myself since I am the challenge hostess this month...haha! 
I guess there is a GOOD reason why I never make shaped cards. ;o)


I chose my color scheme from another challenge from this week....


Making a card that is an unusual shape is also this week's M4TW (#47) challenge for Paper Makeup Stamps so I had to give some love to a couple of my favorites from the latest PMS releases that I hadn't gotten inky yet....


Don't you just love that sentiment?!?! LOVE!

Supplies used:
*Paper Makeup Stamps Moody for Computers
*Paper Makeup Stamps Computer sentiment
*Palette burnt umber ink pad
*Nestabilities lacey circle and butterfly dies
*Martha Stewart butterfly punch
*Chatterbox paper (dark orange)
*MME paper (smaller circles)
*KaiserCraft flat-back pearls
*circle cutter
*corner rounder
*stick pins
*watercolor pencils

Be sure to go check out what the rest of the FFC girls created for today's challenge:
 Kim


16 comments:

Unknown said...

This is beautiful! Your layout is perfect!

StampinCathy said...

This is just stunning. Love the style and the colors are awesome.

Anonymous said...

I really LOVE this card Christi!!!

Carma said...

These colors are fabulous together. Your coloring is wonderful as always and I LOVE that orange and black butterfly!!

Scrapcollectr said...

Love it! That sentiment suits me to a tee!
Lol
=D

Monika/Buzsy said...

Such a pretty card Christi. Love the image... and all the circle elements. Thanks for playing along with us at Curtain Call.

Emily Leiphart said...

What a great card, Christi! I love all those circles. The image and sentiment are awesome, too!

Anonymous said...

This is a very pretty card! I like the idea that it is round. Very good layout.

Terri Trotter Earley said...

Fun coloring. Way to rock the color curtain challenge.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Silke Ledlow said...

Fabulous card Christi!!! Love your take on the CC colors!!! Thank you for playing along with us!!! Hugs ~S~

Stacey Schafer said...

how lovely! thanks for playing the Curtain Call!

Shaela said...

this is beautiful! I love the layout, it all looks fabulous :)

Teresa Kline said...

this is adorable, great coloring...have a fabby day!

enjoy *~*

Kimme said...

Great job. I love how your scallop mimics the circles around the girl in the image. Great job!

Amy said...

It turned out perfect though!! So pretty!

Sarah Anderson said...

It might have been tough to do but you'd never know, this is a STuNNiNG design :) I love your layered butterfly in particular. I also popped by to say thanks for your wonderful inspiration for our Play Date Cafe anniversary - gorgeous, gorgeous card, and fab layout !!

Related Posts with Thumbnails