Friday, September 08, 2006

A Beautiful Life...

This is something that I have been thinking about lately as I make the blog rounds. There are many blogs I visit simply because of the beauty of them (Posie Gets Cozy is at the top of that list.) These are places where it feels like you are entering into someone's welcoming home where everything is beautiful and peaceful and is the kind of home that I want to create for my family. There are so many little things, little touches that you can do to make life a little bit more pleasant and I have come no where close to that in the last year or so. I am going to try and do better.

With that in mind, I created this layout which is actually something that I am going to frame up and hang in my bathroom to remind myself of my goals. The photo is from Mt. Vernon, but is simply a reminder of a beautiful vignette that I can create anywhere in my own world. The quote is one that Rita posted on her blog a few weeks ago which I found to be very profound, and it says, "It is never too late to be what you might have been." --George Eliot

The papers on this are Basic Grey- Lily Kate although the base and corner are from Wild Asparagus. The chipboard and flowers are Heidi Swapp and I am not sure where the metal frame came from...


This layout is one that I did for the Cottage using KI Memories. A collage of more photos from Mount Vernon.


My layout count is now at 19 out of my 100 layouts to create before I can buy new stash.
smiles,
christi

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful as usual! That LO will look awesome framed! I still love that Double LO you did of Mildenhall O'Club and it's framed so perfectly! Have a great weekend.
Did you get the discs I sent? Sandy

Anonymous said...

Beautiful LOs. So I'm gonna try again to post. It seems to change. So you are really clicking off the LOs to 100. I wish I had more time to play ART.
It's Sharon at Norah's

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous Christi -- I love that you used the George Eliot quote and will be hanging this wonderful LO in your home! You are really plugging away at the 100 LO challenge -- keep it up! Hugs -- Rita

Anonymous said...

This is such a perfect post!! I feel the same way!! Kindred spirits we are!
xoxo

Cami said...

I couldn't agree with you more about loving the blogs that are happy and peaceful. really...the way to go. I am loving your LOs...the first one with the quote is just gorgeous and will be wonderful framed!

Related Posts with Thumbnails