Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Two Years with Unity Stamp Company!

Good Morning, Unity Peeps!

Today is my day to blog over on the Unity Stamp Co. blog and this post is somewhat of a continuation of what I discussed over there. I also have a couple of other cards posted over there so you may want to check it out.

As I mentioned over there, tomorrow is my 2 year anniversary for working on the Unity Design Team. Yippee! It's been an amazing two years and I look forward to many more (if Angela will let me stay....)

I started a series of cards using the same basic layout and the Unity kit of the month for January, Savor the Journey. I was so excited when I realized that this medallion stamp from the kit fit perfectly into 2 1/2 inch scallop circle punch from Marvy Uchida (it's the pink-sized one.)

I decided that it would be fun to create a monogram notecard set, just changing small things so that each of the cards matched, but were still slightly different.

All of the cards use the Amy Butler (K&Company) paper collection and I colored the details of the medallion with my watercolor pencils all different colors, but still matching the papers.

Each card simply rotates and changes slight details. It would be so easy to mass-produce these for some wonderful gifts....

Supplies used:
*Unity Stamp Co. Savor the Journey
*Unity Stamp Co. Frame this Alpha
*K&Company Amy Butler papers
*Embossing folders (varied)
*watercolor pencils
*CTMH Cocoa inkpad
*Marvy Uchida Circle punch
*ribbons




12 comments:

Bonita Rose said...

these are sooo fabulous... you know how much I love card sets.. I just may hv to take this idea and make my own.. omg.. so wonderful LOVE LOVE!

Kelly Mahany said...

Christi I love all of these!! What brilliant papers and design!! I am so happy that you are a part of Unity. You constantly inspire me!! :-)

Ashley Newell said...

Very cute cards Christi! Happy Unity Anniversary!

Jennine Chambers said...

Christi, I just love your cards. I think you are more than lucky... talented is what I call it. Congrats on your 2 year anniversary! I look forward to many more of your inspirational pc of work!

Jodi C. said...

OOOOOOHHHHHH!!!! I LOVE this idea!!! I've been wondering what size that medallion is and can't wait to get it!! Congrats on 2 years and thanks for all of the wonderful inspiration you provide!!

Kerry said...

Congrats on your 2 years with Unity! I love stopping by to see your work! Beautiful cards!

Tiff said...

The paper flags are one of my favorite accents! These cards ARE GORGEOUS!

Katie Cotton said...

how fun!!! Love these cards!

Angie Blom said...

these are stunning, I am now looking forward to my KOM.. Happy Anniversary Christi.

Kimme said...

Love these! What a wonderful set. I think I will be CASEing these!!!

Julie Campbell said...

Oh my! Brilliant AND gorgeous cards!!! I LOVE that idea!

Lisa H. said...

well, well, well! these are beautiful.

Related Posts with Thumbnails