Wednesday, January 06, 2010

6 Chicks Project Challenge...

On the 6th of every month, Mandy issues a challenge to the Limelight Papercrafts 6 Chicks for a project. This month our challenge was to create an altered wearable. This was a real challenge for me as I don't usually create wearables so I began trawling the blogs looking for inspiration. I found it at -Ruffles And Stuff-, specifically this POST.

Disney used her dh's shirt for her altered items so I began looking through my closet to find something to work with. I found this sweater and maternity tee and an idea for arm-warmers blossomed....


This is the end result. Kind of a romantic goth look going on, but I kind of like them and they are fun and warm when I am feeling a bit chilled.
I cut the sleeves off the sweater, then I cut the tee into strips and created the ruffles at the cuffs.


To add a bit more femininity, I added the bows and buttons (from Limelight.)

We were also supposed to create a matching card or box to go with our altered wearable. This is the card that I created....
I used more fabric from that tee to create the ruffle bottom (the nice thing about tee's is that you don't have to worry about the fabric raveling so it's super fast and easy to use like this.)
Supplies used:
*Unity Stamp Co. Believe in Fairytales
*Basic Grey Origins paper
*KaiserCraft Lush pearls
*Fiskars scallop border punch
*Stampin Up punch
*Palette Burnt Umber inkpad

Be sure to go check out what the rest of the Chicks created:

9 comments:

Lisa H. said...

Christi-wow! you went all out and love how it turned out (that blog link was great) and I LOOOOOVE your matching card-just perfect!

Amy said...

Wow! Those are so cute and I love that card!!

Anonymous said...

Now that is freakin' creative. Love the matching card too!

lisa a.

de said...

What an amazing idea! I love it!

JenMarie said...

Now you're a fashion designer! Love the card!

Mom said...

So cute (esp the little one peeking out from behind you) & it looks warm.

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

great job on BOTH projects:) Love the arm warmers! I need them all the time! And I LOVE Unity--so great card! TFS!

Scrapacat said...

Look at you! What a fab project! I see Kat wanted in on it... ;-)

These will be really nice, especially if you have a cool day and want to create without worrying about getting stuff on your sleeves. Love the card, too! Great outta the box day!
~ky

Christi Flores said...

Both of your projects are OMG amazing!! Wow!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails