Monday, January 04, 2010

2010...It's all about Snail Love...

I am loving the snail stamps right now and I have had this one from Paper Makeup Stamps for a while, but hadn't gotten him inky yet.

I paper-pieced his shell and then just added a few shading highlights. I was really inspired by an article by Nichole Heady this month in PaperCrafts about shading (pg. 87 of the Jan/Feb 2010 issue.) There were several examples shown without shading and then with...it's amazing how huge a difference that makes so I am really making an effort to work on my shading skills. And to be honest with you, it never had occurred to me to shade when I did paper-piecing. Definitely a "duh!" moment. :o)

And the one time when I am talking about what I did with my coloring and I am not showing you a close-up of that coloring. Click on the photo and it should bring it up big enough so that you can actually see it... Sorry about that!
Supplies Used:
*PaperMakeupStamps Ashlies Solo Snail
*Paper Makeup Stamps dream Big kit
*Bo Bunny paper collection
*Making Memories trim
*watercolor pencils
*Palette Burnt Umber inkpad
*Martha Stewart border punch
*corner rounder

I have LOTS of blog posts happening this week, so be sure to check often...



5 comments:

Laura Williams said...

happy new year sweet christi!!! hope 2010 is a TERRIFIC year! that snail is cute as can be! :)

Kelly Mahany said...

That's an adorable little snail and I love how you used the DP to create a scene!! Cute!!

Danni said...

This is adorable!! Love the paper and colors...just so cute!

Unknown said...

Christi...That snail is SO cute and your choice of DP...Perfection!! Xx

Katie Cotton said...

CHRISTI!!!!! This card is BEAUTFUL!!!! I love love love love it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails