Thursday, September 20, 2007

Things to Share & Day 6...

The {21} day challenge with Rhonna is going well, but I can feel my enthusiasm waning a bit. From doing this before, I know that this is normal at around this time in the challenge and that I just have to push through it and remember why I am doing this. It probably doesn't help that my list of things to get done gets a bit longer every day...maybe I need to re-adjust how much I think that I can get done in a day a bit.

But now back to my art journal layout for today. I combined my art journal artwork with an art inspiration challenge that I am participating in. Here is the original art piece...
For my interpretation of it, I turned it on it's side. I basically copied all the spacial relations in the original piece. I also tried to emulate the shadowing on the original piece. The papers on this are Daisy D's, Bohemia, and Inspirations. I am also trying to push my art a bit with each piece so for this one, I played a bit with a transparency. I just got in this stamp from the Etsy site that I was talking about yesterday and I stamped her using StazOn onto the transparency. I then stamped her again on the red/white polkadot paper and cut out the hat and pants and layered them behind the transparency. I have never done that before, but I think that it turned out pretty cool-looking!


I love the scrapjack site and haven't been able to play as often as I would like, but I was instantly inspired by this week's layout by Sarah Bowen. This was a photo taken by Jim over the summer when we were at a baseball game. It's a great photo of pretty much everyone (we won't count the little ones) which is a miracle unto itself.

These are some more digital papers...Crazy Beautiful by Mindy Terasawa.

Just a couple of other tidbits to share... Create My Keepsake has the entire store 25% off for the next 3 days and they have all the most recent stuff (at least the stuff that hasn't already sold out.) Go check it out!

Have you seen the new Halloween line that Scenic Route is coming out with???

Isn't it lush? Layle Koncar who works with Scenic Route did a drawing on her blog and drew for 13 random winners...I was one of the lucky 13...I have this whole line headed towards my door. Whoohooo!

BTW, it is really cloudy today so I had to scan rather than take photos...I will probably replace these scans with photos if I can get better shots tomorrow.
smiles,
christi

9 comments:

Carolyn said...

Christi love your stamping technique, it looks great. I am going to is you on a street in Frances, while the wind picks up and the leaves swirl around you. I could picture you being this gal.

Cami said...

I have really missed reading your blog Christi - I'm trying to slow down a little these days so I can catch up on my blog reading. Your layouts/albums below are AWESOME! And on this post...LOVE that stamping on the transparency!

Jeanne said...

Love it! This journal page turned out so great. I like how you are trying new techniques with these challenges. It add a whole different dimension to the process. Keep it up!

~Red Tin Heart~ said...

Waning? yea right. This is fabulous.xoxo nita

Anonymous said...

Beautiful work,

Melanie

Alison Gibbs said...

Christi I love what you did with the girl stamp!
Alison

Alison Bryant said...

Very cool girl stamp! And I love the family page. What an oddly rainy/chilly evening that was. Very fun, though. =)

Shalini said...

Beautiful page, you are inspiring me to take on stamping...I just might.
Thanks for the inspiration.

jo said...

OOoh lucky you!!!! Love Scenic Route stuff!

Related Posts with Thumbnails