Sunday, September 02, 2007

Thank You!!!

Well, I have to say that I absolutely have the best blog readers around! You guys are so sweet, but I wasn't fishing for compliments. I knew that I wasn't clear-headed enough to write that blog entry well and I was right. LOL!

I was really trying to open a dialog on creativity. The point that I was trying to make in my post was that I realized that I was being stupid with self-doubts...because every artist has to find ways to tap into the creative side of their brain when they create regardless of their medium.

I have always had little creative prompt that I have used for that: art inspiration pieces, product packaging design, clothes design, magazine artwork/layout design, and color combinations. I love to 'live a creative life' and really work to keep my eyes open to the everyday things that can prompt my creative muse.

Regardless of where you are at in your artistic life, you can live more creatively and grow more creative by doing so.

So my question for you all- how do you excite your creative muse? Do you have any little tricks/secrets to get the creativity flowing?

Everyday this week, I will share a different way that I personally tap into my artistic muse and maybe that will help to inspire you. Please share with us some ways that you do the same and we can just open a little creative forum here.

For today, I leave you with some artwork that I did for an article on art inspiration for The Scrapbook Magazine issue 18.

This is the artwork that inspired the layout, Rain Dance "The Red Umbrella" by Debra Hurd:

The layout that was inspired by it:

This Alfred Gockel print, Perfectly Balanced:

inspired this friendship layout:

And finally, this art piece...Art Forum II by Carol Robinson:

Inspired this layout (just turned on it's side):


BTW, www.art.com is a great website to find art inspiration pieces. All three of these artists have great art pieces to inspire.

ETA: I completely forgot to mention that there is a new art inspiration blog starting up. It would definitely be worth keeping an eye on!
smiles,
christi

4 comments:

Sharon Tomlinson said...

Oh I just love your creative prompts and I had so much fun last summer with them. I must say, I have missed them although I have stayed busy. My whole weekend is about Norah'S Inspiraton.
I really like the way you find the prompt in anything. Actually, I have learned that from you. I can't see the product for the packaging.

Rita said...

These are all great examples and your creative prompts are always very inspiring to me Christi. I love that you are able to find inspiration in so many things. I try to, but often my head is too full of too many things. I do like to cruise the aisles of Target or a bookstore for inspiration. But I have to do it alone to be truly inspired -- no interruptions or chaos! :)

Nancy said...

Christi those layouts are so creative, you have done an awesome job!

Anonymous said...

Wow Christi, your layouts are amazing! I can definately see where you get your creative muse from! I wish I could see art like you can!
One of the best ways I find inspiration is to surf my favorite blogs and get inspiration from my favorite bloggers/galleries! I know everyone says that, but it really gets me going! I can see a card or layout that really inspires me and an idea IMMEDIATELY hits me! It works EVERY time!

Related Posts with Thumbnails