Sunday, September 16, 2007

Day 2 & The Photo That Got Away...

Yay, it is already day 2 of Rhonna's {21} Day Challenge. I have to say that yesterday went really well for me. I did everything that I planned to do and stayed within my points. YAY! Hopefully today will go as well.

One part of the create everyday part of my goal is to try new things in my creating. One of those things that I have been wanting to try is hybrid scrapping. I was on a DT for a short time with Cindy Gilchrist and I was always amazed at the actual projects (not digital) that she made with digital kits. So this morning when I was up at 5:00 am with nothing to do, but play on the computer, I got inspired and made a quick trip over to Designer Digitals and downloaded a few kits. Today's layout for my art journal is done using the papers that I printed here this morning from the Elegant Evening kit by Dana Zarling.


Last night before I went to bed I was sitting reading Pretty Little Things by Sally Jean Alexander which always inspires me, but I have never had the courage to try one of these cute little charms. Well, today when I finished my page, it occurred to me that maybe I could scan it and make it fit into a microscope slide. Voila! Something else that I have never tried before. Uh oh...I see two new facets to my hobby developing quickly!


And now to focus on my next product grouping. This week I am going to be working with my Scenic Route papers and my new Inque Boutique stamps. Of course, I will be working with other things too esp. with the art journal, but that will be where my main focus for creating will be this week. I am not narrowing it down to specific lines because I want to have my freedom to play with these awesome groups of products.

Which brings me to my latest layout...The Photo that Got Away. I love this photo! Everyone is smiling. It was a spur of the moment photo. They all purely coincidentally are dressed in matching clothes. I love it EXCEPT it's freaking BLURRY!! Auuughhhh! You have to hate that, but I decided to scrap it anyway. Papers are Scenic Route, stamps are Inque Boutique, chipboard is Heidi Swapp.


I hope everyone is having a fabulous Sunday. I am off to watch the race, cuddle with Kat, and create another layout!
smiles,
christi

13 comments:

~Red Tin Heart~ said...

i really like the quote, and everything about your page. nita

Cherylyn Gnadt said...

Glad you are doing well with the challenge. One of my habits to change is to make more time for my creations and I agree, I love Sally Jean's book, Pretty Little Things. It's a great source for inspiration, not to mention the photographs and instruction is beautiful. I just started my blog recently,http://clynstudio.blogspot.com
Thank you for sharing you wonderful journal and positive thoughts.

Roos said...

love your 21 days journal

Sandy McTier Designs said...

Gorgeous work Christi - how clever of you to put it in the microscope film ~ too cool!
I hope you have a great week.
Blessings,
Sandy :)

Anonymous said...

Great page, love that quote and it looks fabulous in the slide mount. :)

Alison Bryant said...

I particularly love the right justification you used on the quote. Hug the family for me!

Patricia Roebuck said...

Hey! Thanks for the comment and the encouragement for the 21 challenge! LoVe your pages. Great idea with the charm and the digital pages.

Jeanne said...

I love how you turned your Day Two page into a Sally Jean charm. What a great idea...looks fabulous! And you know, I can't even tell that the photo in your scrapbook page is blurry....maybe I need new glasses!

Anonymous said...

I love your projects Christi, that picture of your three sweeties is sooo cute! And I love the shrunk down version of yoru quote, great idea!

Oh, btw...you been tagged:)

Mary Jo said...

Cute project, Christi!
I so want to do Rhonna's challenge but just don't think I am there yet :0)
And yes, I hate when the perfect photo is blurry! I had one from my wedding that I wish was in focus!!

Carolyn said...

Way to venture in the the hybrid/digi world, like what you created with that kit. And yeah to day 2 of the challenge.

And I see no signs of a blurry photo, they look great in that photo. Too bad you weren't in it with them, that would've been a sweet addition to that photo.

Theresa said...

Christi, I just can't keep up with all your blogging at the moment, such great thought-provoking stuff.
LOVE that microscope slide, you are super creative lately, keep it up!

Anonymous said...

Great projects

Melanie

Related Posts with Thumbnails