In March of 2006, I made a layout and list about the things that I wanted to accomplish by the time I was 40. At that point in time, I had 4 1/2 years to complete the list. Then, surprise! I got pregnant and a lot of that list simply went out the window with the re-focusing of my life to raise a baby/toddler.
As I just passed my 39th birthday, I thought that it was time for a new list. I have 1 year until I turn 40 and a lot of it will be spent as a single (sahm) parent. The trap in that is that it is so easy for life to become a pj life...no one else around to know that you didn't do anything all day so I thought some goals in life would be a good thing and created a layout so that I would have a written record of those goals.
I will list the things written on here so that you don't have to strain to see all the journaling. They aren't in any sort of order...basically in the order that I wrote them down (it took about a month to come up with the list.)
1. write a book (I think that this is just a good goal for me...to accomplish something BIG!)
2. self-publish that book (I want to do something very custom and artsy)
3. 135 lbs (I am not so sure that this is attainable since I have been exercising 6 times a week and eating really healthy) so I would be happy with a size 8 jean that's comfortable.
4. artwork published in a US magazine
5. est. a good working weekly routine (ie. Mondays- dust; Tuesdays-wash sheets; etc.)
6. repeat my 12 Days of Christmas this year on the blog
7. Create an inspiration board (I have plans here that hopefully I will be sharing soon)
8. create monthly inspiration stash (I love the way Mish creates inspiration stations and want to recreate the idea.)
9. Maintain my weekly exercise routine
10. Submit to magazines weekly
11. Become part of another DT ( I am really thinking some sort of sketch team...I don't want to do anything that competes with Unity.)
12. Mail all birthday cards at least a week in advance of birthdays (this is something that I am AWFUL about and there is NO EXCUSE with the amount of cards that I make each month.)
13. Finish my daily to-do lists.
14. Work on my photography skills weekly
15. send out 4 RAK's/month
16. prep calendar books a year in advance
17. reduce, reuse, recycle- Simplify!!!
18. make stamp room more workable
19. create every single day
20. picnic with the kids more
21. eat healthy
22. read the Harry Potter books
23. read 3 literary classics
24. learn a new skill
25. be friendlier/more outgoing (I struggle with being an introvert and being comfortable around people that I don't know very well.)
26. jump in puddles more
27. get a haircut (I know, this may seem like a strange one, but I haven't had my hair professionally cut since Kat was about a week and a half old so I thought that it would be a good goal for the year.)
28. control the piles in the house
29. Make more gifts.
30. get all of my layouts into albums (this goes along nicely with #28)
31. Organize my cards (also goes along well with #28)
32. Write more letters
33. Make more phone calls (this is that introvert thing again...it's so much easier just to not make chitchat...I need to be better about staying in touch.)
34. Make calling cards (I just have an infatuation with calling cards and want to play with the art this year.)
35. Mail Christmas cards (one of my major downfalls this past year- I will get them made AND sent this year!)
37. organize my submission process (harkens back to #4 and #10)
38. draw more (I used to be fairly artistic...I would like to find that skill again.)
39. stretch myself out of my comfort zone
40. More quality time with the kids (i.e. less time playing on facebook...LOL!)
41. Conquer my Mac computer (yes, I still have issues!)
42. sew more (I used to sew all my clothes and I have no desire to go back to that, but I would like to be friendlier with my sewing machine on a regular basis for fun things.)
And that's my to-do list for the next year, esp. the next 5 months. It should keep me busy to pass the time quickly, right?!?
And just real quick, here are the supply details for the layout...
*Unity Stamp Co. Frame this alpha
*Unity Stamp Co. Confession: i luv Unity
*Unity Stamp Co. Bevy of Butterflies
*MM paper and trim
*decorative file folder
*Tattered Angels chipboard and glimmer mist
*Bazzill kraft cardstock
*MME paper (dark pink)
*Fiskars border punch