Wednesday, August 12, 2009

It's been a bit odd around here today...

(This post is going to be a bit random and all over the place so forgive me in advance...)

Today is definitely a day that is out of sorts around here. It's the first day of two-a-day football practices and that has meant MANY trips up to the high school.

Add to that the fact that I completely MISSED that yesterday was high school orientation!?!

In my defense, they call it registration when I consider registration where you sign up for classes and we did last spring so I just assumed that this was for new students. AND I only saw it up on the marquis at the school....no letter to let us know it was happening. So we are behind the power curve there and had to add in another trip to the school to pick up Jacob's schedule and pay his fees ($105...yikes! Didn't see that coming!) I feel like the total-loser-mom for dropping the ball on that one... Not exactly the way to start high school.

I do have a card to share today, but first I have to share a photo that I just found on my camera when I downloaded it today. Obviously Jacob has been playing dress-up Kat for football...LOL! If you can't tell here, she is wearing his Rams football jersey which drags the floor on her.

******
I have managed to get a bit of creating done. It's just seemed to be fairly hit or miss this week with my stamping time so I have lots of things partially finished. *yikes* I am hoping that something gets done for hip-hop tomorrow! LOL! But here is a card that I did for this week's MojoMonday sketch (#99) using the Unity August kom (I love every single image in this kit and think I am going to run out of month before I get them all inky...)
Supplies used:
*Basic Grey paper collection
*watercolor pencils
*ribbon
*button
***********
And look what I received today from two very special friends...thanks Rita & Scott!!!
It's my 39th birthday and had plans for my post today, but it's going to have to wait until another day.... I have a list of things to do before I turn 40, but my thoughts/artwork isn't as organized as I had hoped that it would be at this point so it will be here sometime later in the week. Stay tuned....

6 comments:

Kristen Carll said...

Happy Birthday Christi!!!! :) Hope your day was absolutely fabulous!!! {hugs}

Kat looks absolutely adorable in the pic :)
Hopefully Jacob isn't too mad about the orientation! I am sure since it is your b-day he will forgive you! :)

Purple Princess said...

Happy Birthday Christi! Adorable picture!!

Renee' Morris-Dezember said...

HB2u :D Love you card and your flowers :)

Amy said...

Ok well I totally suck as a friend!...Happy Birthday!! Kat looks so cute and those flowers are beautiful!!

Heather Brown said...

CHRISTI!!!!! I AM SOOOOOO SORRY!!!! I didn't know it was your birthday!!!!! I am sooo sorry and I hope that your day was amazing!!! I feel horrible that I didn't wish you HB sooner. Hope your day was AWESOME!!

Christine said...

Oh my goodness she is beautiful!!! Those eyes. Wow!
xoxo, Christine

Related Posts with Thumbnails