Monday, August 03, 2009

Unity is looking for a Guest Designer...

...and it could be you! Every month we hold a guest DT contest. Here are the details for this month...

We are doing a 1-2-3 challenge. You may use only

1 - Stamp (can use same image multiple times)
2 - patterned papers
3 - embelli's

***You may use only your June or July KOM's***

You have until Monday the 10th 5pm CENTRAL
to upload your card using keyword USGDC04

We will announce the winner Wednesday the 12th!

The DT takes on this challenge using the August kom and this is what I came up with...

My one stamp is that gorgeous little bicycle stamp from the August kom,
my 2 patterned papers are the polkadot and damask from Collage Press,
and my 3 embellishments are the tag, chipboard frame, and scallop trim.

I used my watercolor pencils on the bicycle and a bit of sponging to give it a more shabby, distressed look that I was going for on the card.
And, if I were able to add more embellishments, I would have added buttons along the trim here, but don't worry... I didn't cheat. These were just laid on top of the card for photographic purposed, not permanently attached. :o)
Supplies used:
*Unity STampCo. August kom- Following My Heart
*Collage Press papers
*7 gypsies tag
*Tattered Angels embossed chipboard frame
*MM scallop trim
*Memories brown inkpad
*watercolor pencils
*cardstock
*corner rounder

I hope that you will play along!


3 comments:

Kristen Carll said...

Christi I love it! :) How inspiring!! I can't wait to get my August kit! I need to start playing with my July one for the contest! Thanks for the inspiration!

Crystal said...

one word. gorgeous!!

Heather said...

Super super cute card and wonderful use of that image! I'm so excited to see my stamps in motion! First release with Unity and looking forward to much more!

Hugs,
Heather R.

Related Posts with Thumbnails