Thursday, November 05, 2009

Shhhhh, don't tell....

...I am supposed to be using Unity's KOM for today's post, but I'll tell you a little secret...


I never got my Christmas cards finished and sent last year so I am in a bit of a panic about getting it done this year. So even though the KOM is amazing, the Christmas stamps keep luring me to pick them up in search of the perfect Christmas card design for this year.

Here is this week's attempt...
I used the Christmas Bough stamp and stamped it on it's side so that I could add the "JOY" letters into the sign piece using Frame This Alpha.
Supplies used:
*Unity Stamp Co. Christmas Bough
*Unity Stamp Co. Frame This Alpha
*Webster's Pages paper collection
*watercolor pencils
*Unity Stamp Co. Burnt Umber inkpad
*CTMH cranberry inkpad
*buttons
*white string
*popdots
*scallop deco scissors



25 comments:

Kathy H said...

LOL... Great job!

Kelly Mahany said...

I love how you turned the bough stamp on its side. Smart girl getting a head start on your Christmas cards!!

Marcy H. said...

I love how you used the bough stamp. I just got that one in the mail this week.

Beautiful card Christi

Paulette said...

Okay, I am SO going to CASE this! I LOVE that stamp! Been using it for everything lately!

JenMarie said...

Ooo...FABULOUS!!!

Unknown said...

Christi, this bough looks great how you used it...so creative and I LUV it!

StacyC said...

Love it.. Very cute...

Eva said...

Christi, your Christmas card is GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!

Tracy said...

Gorgeous card.

Jacqueline said...

Christi this is absolutely genius!! LOVE it! The JOY is so perfect! Love seeing your crafty creations!! Hugs

Jodi C. said...

WOW!!! This is so great, I haven't thought of using letters like that on a card....I do it on layouts all the time. So beautiful, TFS!!!

Jennine Chambers said...

Thanks for the great inspiration. I have been eying that stamp but just wasn't sure how to use it. This is a fab idea!

Sherry L. said...

Great card...the JOY just pops

sarah Gill said...

Oh wow! It's beautiful!

sarah Gill said...

Oh wow! It's beautiful!

Unknown said...

Soooo beautiful! Love those sets!

Lisa H. said...

I won't tell!!! this is gorgeous! nice work!

Christi Flores said...

This is awesome!! Love it!!!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Xmas card!

Sherry Campbell said...

This is totally fabulous and beautiful! I won't tell your secret. ;)

Mary Friederichsen said...

That is SO CLEVER!! I love the idea of turning the stamp to the side like that! I should have bought it last week when it was on sale!UGH!!

Thank you for sharing!

Unknown said...

Oh Christi...I know exactly how you feel!! I never got my cards out last year either and find myself trying to make at least a token effort for this year... Maybe I should just bite the bullet and get of my bottom and get them done....There see, your work is done, you have inspired me! Xx

Oh....I forgot...and your card is just AMAZING Honey!!

eryn hannig said...

Christi, this card is AMAZING! I would have never thought to use that stamp like that...LOVE it! Thanks for the inspiration!!

slbt17 said...

very nice!
Thanks for the inspiration.
Sandra

jennifer mitten said...

Great card - I just got the bough set in the mail today so will be starting my Xmas cards soon - maybe I'll even finish them:-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails