Thursday, November 12, 2009

I'm a Limelight Girl!!!

I am so excited to be able to share...
Mandy chose me to join the Limelight PaperCrafts DT!!!

I am so excited to join this talented group and every couple of weeks, the Limelight team has a challenge that you can play in too. This week's challenge is to use this sketch and add some chipboard somewhere on the project...

The Deets of the Challenge:
**Use the sketch above and try to incorporate your favorite CHIPBOARD!!
**Key word for SCS upload is LLPC034.
**Post a comment with a link to your card on Mandy's blog on the challenge post by Sunday, November 15, at midnight (or before winner is drawn Monday a.m.).
**PRIZE ~ One lucky winner will receive any one chipboard item in the Limelight Papercrafts store! Winner's choice!

And here is what I created for the challenge...
I know that this is not along the lines of my usual style and believe me when I say that it turned out NOTHING like how I imagined it, but I like it. I think that it has a Mexican-worn-tile kind of style to it.

The background is simply a recycled lightweight paper bag (my stamps from Unity come in these a lot of the time) that I crinkled up and attached to my card base.
The four squares are simply cardstock that I stamped using the swirl and border detail from the Unity Store kom for November, Believe in Fairytales, in black and then added just a few dots of white pen detail.

I colored that same border for a detail piece across the bottom of the card to accent the chipboard sentiment which I placed on a couple of punched circles (again accented with a tiny bit of white pen work.)

Supplies used:
*Unity Stamp Co. Believe in Fairytales
*watercolor pencils
*Med. Black brads
*old paper sack
*scraps colored cardstock
*white paint pen
*Marvy Uchida circle punches

Be sure to check out what the rest of the Limelight team has done with this challenge:



BTW, this is Post #1 of 2 posts for today...

16 comments:

Kerry said...

I really love your little 'tiles' and the little white pen details! Great card!

Charlene said...

Oooh awesome! I want to do that! I love using chipboard :)

Anonymous said...

A lovely card Christi! Welcome to the team :)

Amy said...

We're so lucky to have you! This is beautiful!!

de said...

Amazing! Great to see you on the LLPC DT! Mandy rocks!

Lisa H. said...

yeah! and wow!!! so glad you have joined us, you know I love your work. and this card is fabulous! so cheeryful! love what you did with these stamps. great work!

Lisa A. said...

Maybe this should be more your style!!! I think it turned out awesome. Congrats to my fellow newbie on making the team!!!

Jacqueline said...

CONGRATS girlie!!! That is so cool you are on the LLPC DT!! WOO HOO!! :D Amazing card Christi!! I really love the tiles and beautiful colors! Hugs!!

Unknown said...

I love this card!

Jenn said...

congrats! what a beautiful card~

Unknown said...

congrats ;)

Sherry Campbell said...

Congrats on the Limelight DT- Woo hoo! They are so lucky to have you! Beautiful project too!

StacyC said...

Congrats on the DT...

JenMarie said...

LOVIN' the poppin' color!

Ashley Newell said...

VERY VERY pretty Christi! Congrats on making the LL team, well deserved!!

Christi said...

Wow! This is gorgeous, Christi! I love how you made the background! What a great idea! Congratulations on becoming a Limelight DT member!

Related Posts with Thumbnails