Tuesday, November 10, 2009

A Clean & Simple Christmas...

You all have watched my artwork...you know, I am NOT a clean & simple girl! LOL!

But when it comes to my Christmas cards, that is what I need. I make 75-100 Christmas cards each year (at least the years that I actually get it done) so I need fast AND inexpensive to mail (i.e. they can't have any dimension to them because that requires extra postage and extra money that I would rather spend on other things during the holidays rather than supporting the Post Office.)

Needless to say, this is not the easiest thing for me to accomplish so that is where I scraplift (warning...I am scraplifting a LOT this week in my blog post artwork... but don't worry, I always give credit to the original ideas.)

In my eyes, the Queen of Clean&Simple is Nichole Heady. She has an incredible style that I absolutely adore and wish that I could pull off, so I settle for copying her ideas. ;o) These Christmas cards are a complete scraplift (just using Unity stamps) from this gorgeous Christmas card of hers...HERE.

I created the card in three different color schemes just to play with the looks of it.
Quite honestly, I can't determine which color scheme is my favorite so I will probably do some of each this year for my Christmas cards. That also helps to break up the monotony of stamping 75-100 of the same card.
The most brilliant thing about these cards...simply white and black cardstock so they are ultra-inexpensive to make... another huge plus when making 75-100 cards.
Supplies used:
*Unity Stamp Co. Embellished Season
*Pallette black inkpad
*CTMH inkpads (all of the colored inks are old CTMH)
*Zig Writer in black
*glue pen
*ultrafine glitter
*white and black cardstock


3 comments:

Unknown said...

"Simply" beautiful cards!!!

Rita said...

I LOVE these cards -- they are gorgeous!

Unknown said...

I LOVE these Christi...They are simply stunning!! Xx

Related Posts with Thumbnails