Saturday, November 07, 2009

Happy Weekend Everyone!!

It is a glorious weekend here! Just absolutely GORGEOUS!
I was actually inspired to do a bit of yardwork and that NEVER happens around here. LOL!
It is just so darn pretty outside!

I am still working on my requested stamping projects around here. Sherry had requested me to use my very first Unity stamp in a project.

Well, I have been with Unity from the VERY BEGINNING...
They started selling in May of 2008, but I joined the DT a few months before that in January of 2008.

I made this project while my mom was here and she was shocked when I pulled out those first stamps because they are on full wood blocks. That was even before the manufacturing process for the block system had been worked out so our stamps came with the old-fashioned wood blocks (which Unity has made for years for the stamp industry...that was their original product line for the stamp industry.)

Angela sent us out stamps of her choice for those first few shipments to the DT and my first shipment had 4 kits (the wood-mounted stamps were originally sold as kits, but are now sold as singles)...Wish Sticks, Oh What a Beautiful Morning, Worn Polka Dot Alpha, and a Christmas kit that included Randy Reindeer (but I can't even remember what that kit was called back then.

So I had a lot to choose from for this project, but you know...Wish Sticks has always been one of my favorite Unity stamps and still is a favorite that I don't pull out as often as I would like so I took this time to take advantage of that (PLUS Angela says that this was the FIRST OFFICIAL Unity stamp in the line!)

This is a box using one of the PTI templates, AllBoxedUp. Someday I will get coordinating cards made to go inside of it, but I wasn't sure how exactly I wanted to use it, so that part of the project will wait for another day.
Supplies used:
*Unity Stamp Co. Wish Sticks
*Unity Stamp Co. Le Chic Vintage(quote)
*K&Company Amy Butler paper collection
*Unity Burnt Umber inkpad
*ribbon
*flat-backed gems
*Nestabilities Labels diecut
*Bazzill kraft cardstock

I still have two projects to make from the original request list using:
*Plant a Tree (which I got in the mail yesterday!)
If you have a particular Unity stamp you want to see made into a project, leave me a message and I will add it to the list!



1 comment:

Amy said...

Love this, this color combo is out of the ordinary for you..love that sentiment with the wishsticks!

Related Posts with Thumbnails