Monday, February 09, 2009

The Productivity Factor...

I need creativity in my life...nothing proves that more to me than the last week when I only got 2 measly little cards made. Finally this morning, I made it into my stamp room to do some creating and all of a sudden, I wasn't feeling depressed, inadequate, or like I could eat every little crumb in my pantry. Whew! What a difference just making a couple of new projects makes!! If you are feeling down, go create...it will do you a world of good!!

So now to share...it's a Study in Red Day!! These are my projects from the Exercise Your Creativity...Red focus! (I know, finally right?!?)

This first project is a card that I made using last week's SCS sketch (sketch #214.)

Supplies used:
*Unity Stamp Co. Love Grows
*Unity Stamp Co. Argyle Heart
*Unity Stamp Co. Tell Me About
*MME paper (red)
*American Crafts paper (b&w)
*ribbon
*brads
*black cardstock


******************

This second project is a combination of the two last week's Exercise assignments, red & signs. It's a sign that started out as a Valentine's banner and ended up being one that will work for anyday...I have tons of red in my house so now it is just a matter of deciding where to hang it.

It's shaped, but still measures about 12x12 and is just a bit of shabby chic collage styled. I added a bit of blue to it just because I felt that it needed the relief of another color and this way I can hang it in my stamp room if I want to (it's decorated mainly in blue.)

I like the exercises because they give me the freedom to have a play with a lot of my other stamps that I have laying around that don't get much love just because I am always using my Unity Stamp Co. products (although there is still quite a bit of Unity on here too!)

Supplies used:
*Unity Stamp Co. Tea Time Toile background
*Unity Stamp Co. Life stamp
*Unity Stamp Co. enjoy Your Story...Laugh (delightful stamp)
*Inkadinkado Love stamp
*Tweety Jill Paris stamp
*papers- Pink Paislee, Jenni Bowlin, MME, 7gypsies, Websters Pages, Scenic Route
*Heidi Swapp acrylic clock face
*Marvy uchida scallop punches
*Martha Stewart border punch
*velvet ribbon
*buttons
***************************

For my final crafty project, I pulled out some new stamps that I have had from a couple of other companies that I have been dying to play with...

*CHF Tulip Girl
*Purple Onion Designs Love Noteblock
*sentiment from PaperTrey Ink
*MME paper
*velvet ribbon
*MM pin
*buttons

*************

And now for the photos...I did say that I have a lot of red in my house so don't say that I didn't warn you that there were going to be a LOT of photos. LOL!

random inspiration book that just happened to be laying out
*************************


the buttons on the corner of my inspirational quote blackboard that sits on my kitchen island
***************


light shining through our handblown wine bottle stopper
***************


our London clock
*************


one of the MANY, MANY elmo's that we have in our lives :o)
**************


candlesticks on the mantle
**************


hmmm, another wine photo
************


and another book photo...definitely two of our loves in this house, wine and books
*************


the RED mixer...and no, this is not mine...it's Ben's for his breadmaking. I have never used it...I just think that it's pretty!
************


some of my red twine/string that I bought from a gardening shop in England. LOVE these spools!

And that is it for my Study in Red. I hope you enjoyed my little/long share!


2 comments:

Katie Cotton said...

that was a lot of pictures!!!! Great creations as always!

Cindy Van Sluys said...

Christi, I love, love, love shabby chic collage....and yours is simply lovely!! I also love the red and white string....someone told me that I could get some at a Bakery....London is just a little far to go for supplies!! LOL!!

Cindy

Related Posts with Thumbnails