Friday, January 23, 2009

Study in Woodland...

This is post #2 for the day. If you are here looking for Exercise #4, then that is the post below this one. This post is for my Study from last week- Woodland.

Unfortunately, I just did not have the time this week to commit to this project/exercise as I would have liked. I had so many ideas...just no time to get to them. So I only have two papercraft projects with the woodland theme to share with you {for now...I will probably re-visit this theme when I get a chance.}

This first one is a layout with the photos from our NewYear's Wintery Walk.

When I bought these cute Sassafras papers, I never thought that I would actually be able to use them on a layout because of the pinks/color combo, but with Kat's coat that day, the colors are perfect for this layout and all those wonderful little woodland creatures are perfect for the layout theme.

Supplies used:
*Sassafras Hog Heaven
*Unity Stamp Co. Enjoy Your Story...Laugh (journaling frame)
*October Afternoon paper (woodgrain and green/blue strip)
*Fiskars Threading Water border punch
*Pink Paislee alphabet stickers
****************************************
This second project is a card and there is a bit of a story about this stamp on here. Way back in the fall when all of the woodland creatures started showing up, I found the cutest little K&Company paper that had squirrels on it. From that point on, I was on the hunt for a squirrel stamp.

I finally found one at Purple Onion Designs...isn't he the cutest little thing? This is the first time that I have had a chance to get him inky and quite honestly, he is a LOT of the reason why we had a Woodland theme for this week. I needed a good excuse to use him.


Supplies used:
*DCWV matchmakers paper stack
*Purple Onion Designs squirrel stamp
*MM Love Notes trim
*MM metal embellishment
*white brads

5 comments:

Karen said...

Wonderful LO!! Unity has such great journaling boxes!! and your card is so cute...love the ribbon!!

Tracey said...

Gorgeous layout. The Sassafrass papers look adorable. The card is fantastic as well!

Mary Jo said...

Adorable projects!

Anonymous said...

I love that layout & great paper. (Are you sure that's a squirrel -- kinda looks like a fox to me??)

Kerry said...

These are both adorable projects!

Related Posts with Thumbnails